Streem - Good xbmc companion?
Hi, Not sure I posted in the right section. Just found this website: https://www.streem.com/
Here is an article about it http://lifehacker.com/streem-offers-unli...1563536464

Basically for 20 usd you get unlimited storage and options to stream your content. If this can be somehow integrated with xbmc I think it will be a nice option....
Not sure if it can be used with XBMC. Regardless, while the idea sound nice, it seems kinda pricy to me. $20 a month could instead be saved up until you could eventually buy your own large storage drive or even NAS. That would probably work better too, since even if it does work with XBMC, I doubt it is as fast as local network streaming.
Hey there, I'm one of the founders of Streem -- we just made an account on XBMC and are here to help answer any questions. Regarding the integration, our initial testing shows that it works well with XBMC. If you're interested in the technical details, read on:

We've made our own native filesystem driver for each platform (Mac/Windows/Linux), which simulates files on your machine as if they were regular, local files. So when you import your library hosted on Streem into XBMC, it's just like adding regular files on a NAS drive, and XBMC indexes them just fine. When playing them back, XBMC reads the files normally, which our driver is configured to respond back to just like your computer would, so it's able to stream the file data down from our servers, directly into XBMC's player, resulting in proper playback of your media.
So no need to implement anything when xbmc is used on any OS but would be very good if it can be added to Openelec project which many of us use it.
As they run de-duplication, they have to see what is on your account that is also held by other people. They may not KNOW what that file is, but they know if someone else has the same one.

Dropbox does the same thing and recently they removed certain pirated material from every ones account after a complaint by the usual suspects in the US. The complainant came to them with the file and said they had to remove every version of it. And they did.

So sure you can free up space on your own system, but may be running the risk wiping out your library.
friends,

I think this a scam site! For many people pointed and there came a time in the queue that fall just 01 people .... I can not exit 1906. And they do not answer emails.
Same here, I think it´s scam site for get email...be carefull. Lost one possible user.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streem - Good xbmc companion?0