Ouya - Keys repeating twice w/ Sony infrared remote
I was hoping that there would be a solution for this. I recently had Mele pro remote, however, I didn't like how difficult it was to use the keyboard...along with other annoyances. So, I switched to infrared.

I followed this wiki link's advice and went with PC remote to get the infrared receiver and the Sony RMVLZ620 remote. My problem is that when I use the Sony remote after learning the PC remote, there is a lot of key repeating going on during navigation when using anything on the Ouya. For example, if I hit up once, it would intermittently send the command twice.

After just using the PC remote, it seems to work just fine. I would just use that, but the main idea is to be able to control my tv as well.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this? I searched high and low through forums for an answer, perhaps I'm not typing in the proper key words? I know that FLIRC is an option and can change the sensitivity, but I really don't want to have to return these remotes, considering I bought 2 sets, one for each OUYA....Amazon's going to kill me after returning so many remotes.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the community for all of the helpful information that is here.

Update: I tried to add in the advancedsettings.xml file this: <remoterepeat>800</remoterepeat> and modified value up to 5000 with no change. I also tried using a different PC remote and receiver with no change. I also do see that the PC remote kind of does the same thing as well, just not as bad. This is happening in both OUYA interface and XBMC interface...where XBMC is primarily used. I was hoping that there was some kind of cool trick like modifying the advancedsettings.xml file, but I may be out of luck, huh?
Solution: After tons of research on IR learning, I found that the amount of time that you hold the button on teaching remote can directly cause double commands on the Sony learning remote. Although I was just pushing as normal, it was necessary to quickly tap and release as fast as possible on the teaching remote. Took a couple of tries per button, but finally got it. The infrared PC remote is crazy sensitive. This solved my issue for those who encounter the same issue. Since I have two duplicate systems, I taught my other Sony remote using the Sony remote that's already been programmed for Ouya navigation. This made the process a lot more simple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya - Keys repeating twice w/ Sony infrared remote0