i3 Haswell NUC, OpenELEC, Harmony 300 - Config Questions
So, I've searched the forum and inter-webs quite extensively, but haven't found anything that seems to scratch this itch... (Could also be because I have 1 month old twin girls, and my brain and search ability have been addled, but hey...)

I have finally purchased my HTPC solution, and have it up and running fairly well, but there are some lingering issues, and was hoping that the forum genius' can help out.

SETUP:
* HTPC: Intel NUC D34010WYKH (i3 Haswell). 64 GB SSD, and 4 GB RAM from a laptop that got upgraded. BIOS updated. to ~3/4/14 latest bios.
* Pioneer VSX-31 Receiver (capable of all the HD audio types, etc.)
* Media: 1080p MKVs with raw DTS-MA and TrueHD audio - Video compressed with Handbrake.
* Remote: Harmony 300, configured for Media Center PC SE. Basic remote enabling (through autostart.sh, per post 1 of the big Haswell NUC thread) has been done, and works.
* OpenELEC 3.95.5 running XBMC Gotham beta 4.

QUESTIONS:
1) I have the Harmony working for the basic controls, but I'm having trouble customizing it. In particular, I want to assign the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys appropriately, but those don't exist in the Media Center PC SE device config. So... I tried to map them to Alt+1, and Alt+2, and add in a keymap, but that doesn't wind up working. Also, I've tried to assign the numberpad on the remote to mouse movements, including left and right click. Those don't work either... Is there something I'm missing here that will allow these "keystroke" like items to be recognized / transmitted? There's a configuration item in XBMC that seems to allow it (allow Remote to send Key strokes or something), but it doesn't seem to help...

2) (Less Important, but bothers me...) I've got the audio passthrough working, and fixed overscan on my TV, but I had to upgrade to Gotham to get the video to smooth out, and while it looks ok, I have this nagging feeling that it could be better. What settings should I be using to get the best Audio/Video quality through this setup? Or, is there still too much tweaking going on?

I do plan to read through the entire Haswell NUC thread, but at the moment I barely have time between feeding the girls to eat 3 meals a day Smile

Thanks for the help!
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
unRAID 6.0b12 | 6.3 TB of Storage
So, rather than have you guess at my settings, I've included screenshots below.

I've also found that the system likes to try and reset the refresh rate from time to time, and some other video settings. I wish I knew why it was doing that... Seems to remember some bad settings that I don't want it to have. For instance, my first cure for the overscan problems I was having was to try to scale the screen through XBMC. Since, I've fixed the issue on the TV side by forcing the pixels, but every once and a while, the XBMC video calibration settings revert as well... Yikes!

watch gallery

Still no clue about how to get the remote to send the keystrokes correctly, though...
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
unRAID 6.0b12 | 6.3 TB of Storage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i3 Haswell NUC, OpenELEC, Harmony 300 - Config Questions0