Video Settings on folder level
Is there anyway to the set the Video Settings (i.e. Deinterlace method, Video scaling method, View Mode, etc) on the folder level as opposed to per video or globally?
On a directory level no, not as far as I'm aware. You can - as you've pointed you - set it either globally or per video.

Can I ask why you would like to do this?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-17, 19:58)Piers Wrote: Can I ask why you would like to do this?

Well I find myself having to switch the global settings all the time -- some of my home videos need to be deinterlaced, but "auto" doesn't always work correctly. Some files don't like certain video scaling methods so I have to switch it. I might have a TV show I recorded that has the wrong aspect ratio and I need to change the view mode to compensate...
It would be nice to be able to apply settings to whole groups of videos. I have a bunch of old rips of Star Trek TNG that aren't very good/low quality that all need a consistent bump in brightness, for example. I'm sure there are other examples as well, especially for interlacing issues.

I'm not a dev, but my guess is the best way to add this would be for XBMC to be able to export and read these settings in NFO files, then various media managers can manipulate the NFO files for those settings.
I've got a number of .iso files that start off 16:9 with the episode interface interface etc, with the content as stretched 4:3 for the video. XBMC does a nice job of flipping the aspect as the warnings & interface come up properly 16:9 and then flip to 4:3 for the content, It seems I have to tweak the contrast & brightness, it would be nice if this was a held nfo setting or like the aspect.. auto adjust.
(2014-04-18, 16:25)Ned Scott Wrote: It would be nice to be able to apply settings to whole groups of videos. I have a bunch of old rips of Star Trek TNG that aren't very good/low quality that all need a consistent bump in brightness, for example. I'm sure there are other examples as well, especially for interlacing issues.

I'm not a dev, but my guess is the best way to add this would be for XBMC to be able to export and read these settings in NFO files, then various media managers can manipulate the NFO files for those settings.

(2014-04-18, 17:08)PatK Wrote: I've got a number of .iso files that start off 16:9 with the episode interface interface etc, with the content as stretched 4:3 for the video. XBMC does a nice job of flipping the aspect as the warnings & interface come up properly 16:9 and then flip to 4:3 for the content, It seems I have to tweak the contrast & brightness, it would be nice if this was a held nfo setting or like the aspect.. auto adjust.

I guess I can see the reason, I'm just a video Nazi/purist - depending on which way you want to look at it. Not one item in my library is interlaced and the only item of poor quality is the TV Show '7 Days' which I can't find on DVD anywhere (I pretty sure they didn't release it on DVD). That show, however, resides on a special drive for stuff to get deleted.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Oh yeah, long term I normally either redownload/remux/whatever.
For Live TV I would like an option like this.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Settings on folder level0