JSON Get Current Playing Live TV Channel
So, I am trying to figure out how I can regain functionality in XBMC that Windows Media Center provides me as well as my current comcast cable box. I want to have XBMC start live TV with the last channel that was played. I know there is a setting in XBMC's settings menu that enables this but I want to leave XBMC running at all times to have the full appliance experience. I will be using eventghost to detect my TV powering on and the computer coming out of standby mode. Eventghost will query XBMC for what channel is currently if Live TV is playing. The channel number will be written to a file for storage to safe guard against power loss and restarts. When the TV is turned on eventghost will read the value from the file and send it to XBMC to play that channel.

So can this be done with the current JSON command set? I'm new to json and I am not fully sure how to work with it so if someone can point me n the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Player.GetItem should work although I can't test it because I don't have a PVR setup.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Gotham has a new function for starting playback of last played channel - playpvrtv

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs
Can I call those action ids through json?
Input.ExecuteAction
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Awesome that worked. Thanks guys
Alright I got another question now. Is it possible to string the Input.ExecuteAction command with a play video in the background command. Would the second command execute after the video feed started to play?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON Get Current Playing Live TV Channel0