No subtitles on Viasat Movie channels
Hello!
After two years without XBMC I thought I would test how XBMX PVR solution have developed and to my surprise it seems to work really well now. This makes me thinking of abandon MP i favor of XBMC.

However, I have a question regarding subtitles. Subtitles work correctly on all my channels except the movie channels (Viasat Film, Viasat Action, Viasat Drama etc) and I can't find any solution. There are no choices to make in the audio / text settings (the subtitle list is empty).

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

I use the latest Media Portal 1.7.1 and the latest XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"

Thanks!
Xbmc doesnt show teletext subs like other subs. Press V and enter the right number for you country.
But this is not a good solution ....
The PVR addon passes the entire stream to XBMC. I'm not doing anything special to support subtitles.

In Europe we have multiple different subtitle types, like DVB subtitles and teletext subtitles. DVB subtitles are working fine, but as Jönke already indicated, teletext subtitles are not yet recognised as subtitles in XBMC. XBMC does have teletext support, but there is no code written yet that detects the special teletext page with the subtitles (different pages in different countries).
I did have a look at it in the past to add that missing code, but I couldn't figure out how to find that particular teletext page.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
OK, I understand. Well, thank you for your answers, I'll stick to MP a while longer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No subtitles on Viasat Movie channels0