Win XMBC Suddenly Failed to Find NFS Shares
Everything was fine. I changed nothing and had this setup running perfectly without issue for months.

HTPC was in sleep mode. It didn't wake up properly and my screen went blank. Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, shutdown and started the the system again. Upon rebooting All of a sudden XBMC is failing to access my NFS shares.

1. Frodo 12.2
2. Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
3. AMD Athlon II 640 X4
4. 4GB
5. ATI Radeon HD 5450 Catalyst 12.10
6. Realtek On board Audio
7. NFS server - Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 with Hanewin

Debug log was produced by

1. Shutting down xbmc
2. Opening xbmc
3. Letting it scan for new content - XBMC just shows it scanning but fails to recognize any content.
4. Attempted to play movie off my NFS Server
5. Tried to add a new NFS Movie folder and it goes as far as showing the IP Address of the NFS Server (at very slow speed) but won't go any further
6. Shut down XBMC (ALT + F4)

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this matter
Crickets.... Lol
I used NFS for well over a year. starting with 12.3 it started having problems. It would fail to connect ot my shares, clear my database - then it would work after a reboot, etc. The Gotham builds, even beta builds, were a nightmare. I switched to SMB and all is fine... and there is no performance difference. While I liked NFS for a few reasons it just is not worth the hassle for no real benefit. My advise, don't fight it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
SMB is useless with large files. Not sure what the threshold is but you cannot watch movies with high bitrates. My home is networked with Cat6.

It's just odd. Had it running without a hitch (other than the occasional restarts) now it just doesn't wanna work.
Sounds like you have network problems. Smb has no issues with large files.
I disagree. SMB has it's limitations over network with higher bitrate movies. I had issues with some movies and as soon as I switched to NFS the stuttering issues went away.
Your example is not proof the problem is smb. And unless you are a network protocol expert, I'm going with your problem is your network.
I won't bother you again but I've seen the problems, new and old, you are having be caused by faulty switches, network drivers or settings, and even a bad rj45 connector. Every thing you have said points to one of those
figured it out Smile

Hanewin literally tripped out. Something caused it to look for different ports. The ports it was set for changed on its own. How? I have no idea. I'm the only one who uses this desktop, it runs in the background and I haven't modified it since I set it up.

Just had to edit the ports under windows firewall and everything was back to normal Smile

Anyways it wasn't an XBMC problem. It was an issue with Hanewin. Either way NFS protocol is in full effect!!!

Gonna do a write up on setting up NFS protocol with hanewin. Seems to be a lack of info here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Suddenly Failed to Find NFS Shares0