<keyboard>
      <menu>Shift</menu>
      <play_pause>Symbols</play_pause>
      <rewind>CursorLeft</rewind>
      <fastforward>CursorRight</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </VirtualKeyboard>
</keymap>

Using the above keymap on my AFTV running the latest nightly Gotham build, everything works except the virtual keyboard mappings, which do not work at all. Any ideas as to why?
Have you set XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> remote sends key presses as keyboard ?
Yes
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) when you try those keys in the virtual keyboard?
Will be able to grab a log later today
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=178724 I pressed menu, play_pause, fastforward, and rewind a few times. Starts around line 540
Huh. This might be over my head, but I thought the debug log would show more specific actions when they were pressed. It does in other parts of the log, like saying "action is Down", but for the virtual keyboard it has some weird value for FF, RW, Menu, etc.

I'll try to see if those action IDs even work on a computer with a normal remote. It might have been a long time since anyone has tried.
Any luck? I'm at a loss for ideas here.
I can't get it to work either. I think it has something to do with the fact that the controller in our cases is seen as a keyboard, and the keyboard behaves differently than a game controller or a "true" remote when in the virtual keyboard. Now that I think about it, we had a similar issue where someone wasn't able to map left/right/up/down to numbers for a number pad, but only in the virtual keyboard window. That window seems to only accept literal keys from the keyboard.
I thought that too, but wouldn't removing the checkbox next to "Remote sends keypresses as keyboard" change that back? Because even after doing that it still doesn't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Virtual Keyboard Section of Keymap0