newbie can't create separate profiles?
Just installed xbmc - first time media centre user. Pretty steep learning curve, like understanding repos, addons etc. But think this is an awesome piece of software (Gotham beta 2 I think running in xbmcbuntu)

Now trying to create two profiles - one for family and one for test purposes where I can mess about with stuff and learn xbmc in depth and where it doesn't matter if I screw up! However, having tried three times, I cannot create a new (empty profile). Each time I do it, I get a clone of the existing Family setup. If I delete an addon in one profile, it deletes it in the other etc. I followed this guide xmbc profiles as faithfully as I could. These were the steps:

1. Go to System/Profiles and choose "Add Profile"
2. Create profile name "Test" and choose Done - I see special:/masterprofile/profiles/test
3. Choose "New Folder" and give it the default name "Test", then click Done. Now shows profiles/test/test
4. Leave Media Info and Media Sources as Separate
5. Choose "Start with Separate settings" each time it is offered.
6. When finished I logged out and back in. Now two profiles. I choose Test but find it has all the same addons etc that the first profile, Family, had.
7. try to delete something in test and it removes it from both profiles!

I am sure I must be doing something silly but have no idea what it is. Can someone help please? TIA
Add-ons are always global.
(2014-04-18, 20:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Add-ons are always global.

Thanks for the comment - but hardly helpful really for someone just starting out on xbmc. Care to elucidate??

BTW - even if I try to change the skin on the second profile, it changes the skin on the first profile. Are you going to tell me that everything is global?
Skin settings should change per profile, including choosing a totally different skin. The only thing that's global is what add-ons are installed or not.
(2014-04-19, 02:17)Ned Scott Wrote: Skin settings should change per profile, including choosing a totally different skin. The only thing that's global is what add-ons are installed or not.

Oooops - sorry, I stand corrected. Just created yet another profile and the skin can be changed in just that profile. Not sure what I did before. Sorry to mislead - my bad. Will experiment further. Thanks for your reply...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbie can't create separate profiles?0