Gotham updated but addon problem
So, been doing much searching about this
had frodo installed
add-ons worked fine
updated system to gotham beta 3
some addons only work if it was previously installed
seems a lot of them are 'incompatible' with gotham
is there something I am missing with gotham update and installing addons
(even ones stating for gotham, come ujp with incompatible or depencies not met errors )

Thanks for any assistance
(pls note, i am not a linux guru but like xbmcbuntu as mediaplayer ) instead of windows/mac)
does no one else have this problem ? or know of a solution or where i can find such a solution ?
thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ce_refresh
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yeah, was not a 'refresh /update ' issue
many of the add-ons have incorrect values set in addon.xml file addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
a few which have worked for me but updating it with notepad++
should be set to addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
after that has been udpated in the xml , i have had some success with installing add-ons which were incompatible / or dependencies not met msg

hope this helps others
That's not really good advice. Most of those add-ons have those version numbers set for a reason, and when the version number gets bumped in XBMC then it means that some functionality, somewhere, will break if the add-on wasn't updated for it. These add-on bumps aren't just done for kicks, and great pain is taken to give reasonable backwards compatibility, so if a version bump has happened then there is good reason for it.
I know that there is an issue which went something like - on linux the addon would work if the addon.xml import said

import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"

but not if it said

import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1"

Which appears to be a bug, because apparently both strings worked on windows.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham updated but addon problem1