Ideas on getting HDMI Audio extractor to work with XBMC
Hoping someone out there has used the Monoprice HDMI Audio converter 10251 with XBMC.

configuration:
HTPC running Windows 7, HDMI output to Yamaha RX-A1030 by way of a Gefen HDmi Detective Plus.
I have added a Monoprice HDMI 10251 which seems to be working fine - it splits off audio to RCA which is playing fine for Windows sounds, audio from movies played with Windows media player and even XBMC GUI sounds play fine. However, movie audio is not playing through the split audio output (the HDMI audio is playing fine, just the RCA audio output is not working.)

It is almost as though the audio decoding done by XBMC is throwing the audio converter out of whack (I've tested with just a powered set of speakers to confirm the problem isn't with the receiver).

Anyone out there have any HDMI audio extractor/converter working with XBMC? This is keeping me from getting HTPC audio to my zone 2 room.

All input and thoughts appreciated
You'll need to give details of your xbmc audio setup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nickr - thanks for the reminder

first to be sure I was clear - I AM getting audio output from XBMC over the HDMI output - it is playing fine in Zone 1 from my theater
I am also splitting RCA audio off the HDMI signal using the Audio Converter - that is where I'm losing the movie playback audio only when XBMC plays

SETTINGS:
Audio output: HDMI
Speaker configuration: 7.1
Boost volume level on downmix: selected
Output stereo to all speakers: selected
- Dolby Digial (AC3) capable receiver: selected
- DTR capable receiver: selected
- AAC capable receiver: not selected
- Multichannel LPCM capable receiver: selected
- TrueHD capable receiver: selected
- DTR-HD capable receiver: selected
Audio output device: DirectSound: HDMI - RX-A1030
Passthrough output device WASAPI: HDMI - RX-A1030
Play GUI Sounds: Always

Thanks for your reply
Could be 7.1 speakers and multichannel PCM causing issues. (Potentially both in XBMC and Windows Sound Control panel if you are using Windows?)

What happens if you configured for 2.0 speakers and disable multichannel LPCM (and also True HD and DTS-HD)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ideas on getting HDMI Audio extractor to work with XBMC0