• 7(current)
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic
(2014-05-11, 19:41)Mandragore Wrote: Hi everybody,

I just installed your fantastic skin. I really enjoy it : very simple & efficient. I only install it and everything works perfectly.

I only have some questions/suggestions:
- Is it possible to have additional (but still simple) wallpapers option ? like Randon TVShows or Random Movies. The Live DVD Cases is OK but I really prefer a fanart
- Is it possible to have a more 'panel view' for the Recent TVShows/Movies widget? The last 4 or 5 items with a screen extract will be great.
- Is there an option to have automatic updates of your Skin? Should I monitor this thread to see when a new version will be issued?

Thanks in advance for your help and once again, Wonderful job on this skin

M.

1. Custom fanart is already possible, I believe there is even an option for random fanart from your entire library. I use the mult-image option, however, and point it to folders of my selected movie/tv/music fanart.

2. I don't use widgets, so this mod will only have the widgets BigNoid implements in the Nox 5 skin.

3. See the link to my github account in the first post. Best way to update is to download the zip file and overwrite the existing skin files in your xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox.minimalistic folder. Also make sure the required scripts are installed. You should already have them if you installed Nox 5 from the repository.
please x instead of X
https://github.com/bryanbrazil/Aeon-Nox-.../shortcuts
(2014-05-12, 21:46)isitmeor Wrote: please x instead of X

Thought I'd already fixed those, guess not. Will be updated tonight.
(2014-05-12, 22:18)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 21:46)isitmeor Wrote: please x instead of X

Thought I'd already fixed those, guess not. Will be updated tonight.

thanks
@isitmeor if you're still having trouble with favourites for submenus (or main menus, if you're using the latest git version of this superb mod), loki131 provided a debug log so I was able to track down a bug with that code, which is now fixed on skin shortcuts git.

Please don't be afraid of debug logs (wiki), they're really easy to do and - since we can't test every possibility ourselves, are needed for us to fix every problem. If you'd been willing to provide a debug log, this bug wouldn't have made it onto the repo when skin shortcuts was updated a couple of days ago Smile
(2014-05-13, 21:45)Unfledged Wrote: @isitmeor if you're still having trouble with favourites for submenus (or main menus, if you're using the latest git version of this superb mod), loki131 provided a debug log so I was able to track down a bug with that code, which is now fixed on skin shortcuts git.

Please don't be afraid of debug logs (wiki), they're really easy to do and - since we can't test every possibility ourselves, are needed for us to fix every problem. If you'd been willing to provide a debug log, this bug wouldn't have made it onto the repo when skin shortcuts was updated a couple of days ago Smile

just tell me how to and I will provide it asap
just tested it and it works

thanks
btw can some one tell me how to get the same main menu as in the Aen Nox 5 version
(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 21:45)Unfledged Wrote: @isitmeor if you're still having trouble with favourites for submenus (or main menus, if you're using the latest git version of this superb mod), loki131 provided a debug log so I was able to track down a bug with that code, which is now fixed on skin shortcuts git.

just tell me how to and I will provide it asap
Debug Log
(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote: just tell me how to and I will provide it asap

I'm very hopeful it's now no longer needed, and the fix is on git Smile, if there's a need to provide one in the future look at the text of the person asking for it, there's a good chance the text "debug log (wiki)" will be a link to details of how to provide one Smile

(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote: btw can some one tell me how to get the same main menu as in the Aen Nox 5 version

AFAIK the menu defaults are the same between this mod and the unmodded Nox 5, so resetting the main menu, or resetting any submenu, should make them the same as the unmodded skin, depending which menu is different for you.
(2014-05-13, 22:31)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote: btw can some one tell me how to get the same main menu as in the Aen Nox 5 version

AFAIK the menu defaults are the same between this mod and the unmodded Nox 5, so resetting the main menu, or resetting any submenu, should make them the same as the unmodded skin, depending which menu is different for you.

Yes, the menu/submenu default items are the same, I don't plan on changing any of them. As for the main menu textures, I plan to keep the main menu flat rather than use BigNoid's textures. I'm open to suggestions though, if anyone has ideas for making the main menu stand out more.

This mod is now updated with all of the latest fixes/features by BigNoid, including a great way to set the default background for each section. I just added a few new themes to git (red/green).

watch gallery
(2014-05-14, 00:47)bryanbrazil Wrote: Yes, the menu/submenu defaults are the same, I don't plan on changing any of them.

This mod is now updated with all of the latest fixes/features by BigNoid, including a great way to set the default background for each section. I just added a few new themes to git (red/green).

As much as I like the Orange theme - and i do - the red theme is fanastic. Great work!
(2014-05-14, 01:00)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 00:47)bryanbrazil Wrote: Yes, the menu/submenu defaults are the same, I don't plan on changing any of them.

As much as I like the Orange theme - and i do - the red theme is fanastic. Great work!

Thanks, blue is my personal favorite, I'll probably never change it lol. Let me know if I missed any textures, I'm sure I didn't test everything.
(2014-05-14, 01:05)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 01:00)Unfledged Wrote:

Thanks, blue is my personal favorite, I'll probably never change it lol. Let me know if I missed any textures, I'm sure I didn't test everything.

TBH I only really use XBMC for tv shows personally and I haven't noticed anything obviously missing. But I've got a small but dedicated group of testers of my skin shortcuts script. Next time they're evaluating a release, I'll be happy to ask them to test against Nox5 Minimal. (Even though, as this release proves, it's very possible for something like loki131/isitmeor's issue to get through undetected!)
I too quite like that red theme. Nice Wink
Is it not possible to bring this as a theme to the official one? It's a great alternative to the original aeon nox and it would be easier to use in that way.
just installed this and it's great. i love it.

as always, one question though:

is there a way to change the font? it seems like all the skins in gotham have giant lettering. in frodo with aeon nox i was able to make the text smaller to fix more media on the screen.

thanks.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic6