• 8(current)
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic
(2014-05-14, 02:54)phate89 Wrote: Is it not possible to bring this as a theme to the official one? It's a great alternative to the original aeon nox and it would be easier to use in that way.

I tried that but decided against it as many of the icons/posters have border properties. I removed the code for these borders to get the flat look.

(2014-05-14, 03:15)tizzy Wrote: just installed this and it's great. i love it.

as always, one question though:

is there a way to change the font? it seems like all the skins in gotham have giant lettering. in frodo with aeon nox i was able to make the text smaller to fix more media on the screen.

thanks.

Not without editing a lot of label heights/positions I would think.
(2014-05-13, 22:31)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote: just tell me how to and I will provide it asap

I'm very hopeful it's now no longer needed, and the fix is on git Smile, if there's a need to provide one in the future look at the text of the person asking for it, there's a good chance the text "debug log (wiki)" will be a link to details of how to provide one Smile

(2014-05-13, 22:28)isitmeor Wrote: btw can some one tell me how to get the same main menu as in the Aen Nox 5 version

AFAIK the menu defaults are the same between this mod and the unmodded Nox 5, so resetting the main menu, or resetting any submenu, should make them the same as the unmodded skin, depending which menu is different for you.

i was talking about the main home menu, i do not prefer the flat menu

(2014-05-14, 05:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 02:54)phate89 Wrote: Is it not possible to bring this as a theme to the official one? It's a great alternative to the original aeon nox and it would be easier to use in that way.

I tried that but decided against it as many of the icons/posters have border properties. I removed the code for these borders to get the flat look.

Too bad. The annoying part of mods is that, well, they are mods so every update you have to do everything manually for every update.
Btw great mod. I love the minimalistic look and the red color!
(2014-05-15, 00:59)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 05:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Too bad. The annoying part of mods is that, well, they are mods so every update you have to do everything manually for every update.
Btw great mod. I love the minimalistic look and the red color!

This is a mod of the entire skin and I plan to keep it up to date with Big Noid's Nox 5. So if you use a git client you can keep this mod updated with the click of a button.

Since several people have expressed interest in the red theme, I'll make a version to submit for inclusion in Nox 5.
I'm already very glad with your (and Big Noid's) work, but if you ever find some time...

Is it possible to remove the old style gui buttons from the playback menu (like pause, forward etc)? It doesn't look that nice on a TV, where I only need the subs,audio,video and bookmarks, when you are using a remote. It's fine on a PC, so it would be nice if it was an option like in AEON NOX 4.

My second question, is it possible to reintegrate the tv show info in the low list view?
Just added an Icon 2 view to git that displays more videos/music on a single page...

watch gallery

I just realized it actually shows less music icons than the original Icon view, lol. I guess now you can choose between 21 smaller icons or 18 larger ones, although I'll probably just remove this view from the Music section.

***Edit, removed from Music, this is only available for Movies/TV Shows now.
(2014-05-17, 08:31)Bloksel Wrote: I'm already very glad with your (and Big Noid's) work, but if you ever find some time...

Is it possible to remove the old style gui buttons from the playback menu (like pause, forward etc)? It doesn't look that nice on a TV, where I only need the subs,audio,video and bookmarks, when you are using a remote. It's fine on a PC, so it would be nice if it was an option like in AEON NOX 4.

My second question, is it possible to reintegrate the tv show info in the low list view?

Might look at the playback buttons at some point. I agree that it can get annoying navigating to subtitles, audio/video settings, etc. Not sure how mouse users would like that though.

No idea about tv info on low list as I don't use that view...
You can press down and up to quickly navigate to the subtitles and settings buttons on osd Tongue
(2014-05-17, 10:32)BigNoid Wrote: You can press down and up to quickly navigate to the subtitles and settings buttons on osd Tongue

I'll have to try that, learn something new every day. Wink Thanks BN!
Just discovered this... Smile Great!

Simple questions (@brynabrazil):

1) so to install this mod (I'm on OpenELEC) the only thing I need to do is to un-pack the files according to your 1st post?
2) as I'm on OpenELEC, I do not think the github will work for me (as I need to SFTP files to OE)?
3) If things go wrong, for some reason, to un-install this I just need to delete the folders and their contents?

Thx!
(2014-05-20, 08:25)tjsuominen Wrote: Just discovered this... Smile Great!

Simple questions (@brynabrazil):

1) so to install this mod (I'm on OpenELEC) the only thing I need to do is to un-pack the files according to your 1st post?
2) as I'm on OpenELEC, I do not think the github will work for me (as I need to SFTP files to OE)?
3) If things go wrong, for some reason, to un-install this I just need to delete the folders and their contents?

Thx!
why would you SFTP into OpenElec
you can use Samba
Hi.

Simply because I think the./storage/.xbmc/addons -directory is not accessible/visible through samba.
(2014-05-20, 10:57)tjsuominen Wrote: Hi.

Simply because I think the./storage/.xbmc/addons -directory is not accessible/visible through samba.

add this to your samba.conf

[xbmc]
path = /storage/.xbmc
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
(2014-05-17, 10:36)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 10:32)BigNoid Wrote: You can press down and up to quickly navigate to the subtitles and settings buttons on osd Tongue

I'll have to try that, learn something new every day. Wink Thanks BN!

I removed the buttons from the xml file, works perfect.

Do you think I would be possible to let the subtitle button work like in Confluence? I mean, that you first have an option to choose an already available subtitle, but also can select to download one?
Thx @isitmeor, exactly what I was looking for!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic6