• 9(current)
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic
@bryanbrazil: Any change getting Blu-ray and DVD-cases enabled (as an option) for Movies (for viewtypes applicable)? There's a nice mod by @mikebzh44 here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195665.
Thanks for this skin - it's the first one I've found that I really like and look forward to using. I hope you continue developing it.

I prefer the Icon 2 view for my media. One annoyance I have with it is the watched flags, I don't really need them and they're visually just annoying. So I had this idea, what I'd like to see is an option to remove the flags and instead, put all the covers of watched media in a halfway dim mode (but back to normal on hover). This way, unwatched media visually pops out, but none of the art is obscured with irritating flags. Partially watched media could be partially dim. I think it'd look pretty sharp.

While I'm at it, I'd like to throw in a request for the VideoExtras addon support.
(2014-05-21, 06:39)tjsuominen Wrote: @bryanbrazil: Any change getting Blu-ray and DVD-cases enabled (as an option) for Movies (for viewtypes applicable)? There's a nice mod by @mikebzh44 here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195665.

Probably not, much like BN I will only be adding the things I use myself...and IMO media cases don't fit the design of this mod.

(2014-05-21, 10:49)GooseK Wrote: Thanks for this skin - it's the first one I've found that I really like and look forward to using. I hope you continue developing it.

I prefer the Icon 2 view for my media. One annoyance I have with it is the watched flags, I don't really need them and they're visually just annoying. So I had this idea, what I'd like to see is an option to remove the flags and instead, put all the covers of watched media in a halfway dim mode (but back to normal on hover). This way, unwatched media visually pops out, but none of the art is obscured with irritating flags. Partially watched media could be partially dim. I think it'd look pretty sharp.

While I'm at it, I'd like to throw in a request for the VideoExtras addon support.

I believe there is an option in skin settings to turn off the watched flags. I have it set like that and never see them.

Won't be dimming the posters for watched items, but that should be a fairly easy change. I can post the code for you to add when I return from vacation.

I haven't used VideoExtras, I'll take another look at it and see.
Thx @bryanbrazil for Your reply. I'll check 'manually' trying to mod things Smile Keep up the great stuff.
Just wanted to share some modifications I like:

If you have theme music enabled and you jump back to the home screen, you will see the music info
Modifying line 11 in Home.xml will prevent this:
Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Disable.Musicinfo) + !SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)">NowPlayingMusicWidget</include>
In Includes.xml change line 227 to prevent the title in the status bar
Code:
<visible>Player.HasMedia + ![Window.IsActive(volumebar)] + !SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>

For me the audio codec isn't that important, I like to know if a movie has surround sound or not. Replacing all instances of
Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flags/audio/,.png]</texture>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.AudioCodecs)</visible>
in MyVideoNav.xml to
Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,flags/channels/,.png]</texture>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.AudioChannels)</visible>
will give you this information in the navigation panels

Insert the following into line 19 in View_502_Episode.xml to add character art to the Episode view
Code:
<control type="image">
    <visible>Container.Content(episodes)+!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.characterart))</visible>
    <posx>50</posx>
    <width>600</width>
    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.characterart)]</texture>
</control>

To remove the player control buttons change VideoOSD.xml
Change line 9
Code:
<onload condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)">SetFocus(602)</onload>
to
Code:
<onload condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)">SetFocus(703)</onload>
to set the focus to the subtitle button when entering the player controls menu
and remove line 78-135 to get rid of the player control buttons

To add a button to the video info panel for downloading extrafanart add the following to line 68 in custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml
Code:
<control type="button" id="90230">
    <description>ExtraFanart downloader button</description>
    <width>510</width>
    <textwidth>435</textwidth>
    <textoffsetx>45</textoffsetx>
    <texturefocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(1119)</onclick>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],extrafanart)</onclick>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=tvshow,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],extrafanart)</onclick>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[31020]</label>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.downloader)</visible>
</control>
Thanks bryanbrazil! I'm liking this skin more and more. Episode view is really cool. And you're absolutely right, I hadn't realized you can just uncheck the watched flags in skin settings. WAY better!

And thanks Bloksel, especially appreciate the switch from audio codecs to channels.

Another possibly dumb question: I use a mouse (although I'm looking at remotes now) - when playing music, am I just not seeing any play controls? I can't seem to figure out how to stop or pause music.
Beautiful skin, even better mod.

Thank you brynabrazil Smile

Found a small bug with now playing info on home screen. As far as I can see it is working OK in NOX 5.1.1

Now plying info is in upper left corner, but when you get to weather in main menu it jumps down.

Grate work keep it up.

(2014-05-22, 18:42)Burke Wrote: Beautiful skin, even better mod.

Found a small bug with now playing info on home screen. As far as I can see it is working OK in NOX 5.1.1

Now plying info is in upper left corner, but when you get to weather in main menu it jumps down.

Grate work keep it up.

Thanks. I'm on vacation and haven't been keeping up with BN's latest commits. Will be updated next week.
(2014-05-22, 13:41)GooseK Wrote: Another possibly dumb question: I use a mouse (although I'm looking at remotes now) - when playing music, am I just not seeing any play controls? I can't seem to figure out how to stop or pause music.

You could change IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml
Under
Code:
<include name="NowPlayingMusicWidget">
in line 541 add the playback buttons
You can add the commands to a control like
Code:
<onclick>PlayerControl(Next)</onclick>
<onclick>PlayerControl(Play)</onclick>
<onclick>PlayerControl(Stop)</onclick>
In MusicOSD.xml you can find all commands

You could make it so that when you click on the cd it goes to the next number and when you click on the artist the music pauses (play). You could also add the playback button from the music OSD.
Thanks a lot man for this mod. It's the most contemporary looking skin now with the flat design language.
(2014-05-22, 18:42)Burke Wrote: Beautiful skin, even better mod.

Grate work keep it up.

I haven't been able to recreate this. Be sure you are using the latest version (download the zip from git and extract over your existing files) and let me know if you continue to experience this issue.
@bryanbrazil @Burke This was a problem with Aeon Nox 5, but was fixed way back here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...f2eefcacbe
Bryan
Has something changed with the textures for your mod? Previously if I copied the floor and gradient floor files from BN's Nox5 into your mod I could restore the floor, but since downloading your latest version that no longer works.

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
(2014-05-28, 11:59)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Bryan
Has something changed with the textures for your mod? Previously if I copied the floor and gradient floor files from BN's Nox5 into your mod I could restore the floor, but since downloading your latest version that no longer works.

Thanks

I started further modding the views (see InfoWall). While doing this, I also started removing unused code. Unfortunately, this means the floor is no longer possible without adding the code back.

I'll see about creating a "minimalistic" theme for stock AN5, that might be a better way to keep the floor, etc.
(2014-05-28, 16:27)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 11:59)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Bryan

Thanks

I started further modding the views (see InfoWall). While doing this, I also started removing unused code. Unfortunately, this means the floor is no longer possible without adding the code back.

I'll see about creating a "minimalistic" theme for stock AN5, that might be a better way to keep the floor, etc.

pleaseeeee NO floor
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic6