• 2(current)
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic

Episode view should now work in movies/tv shows/seasons/episodes. Only thing I can't figure out is how to get autoscroll to work for Movies and TV Shows. It only works for Episodes at the moment.
It does indeed ... this is fast turning into my default skin, Thanks!!
Anyone else having trouble when trying to view their library? as soon as I click movies or tv shows xbmc freezes
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2014-04-20, 10:25)Sabish Wrote: Excellent work, love the flat look and all the little tweaks .. well done Smile

Couple of suggestions tough (feel free to ignore them):

- dimmed fanart looks good, but it would be nice to have the possibility to toggle beetween dimmed and regular, ideally at view level, since some views work great with dimmed (infowall for example), but other views look better with fanart fully displayed (logo view, lowlist, etc.)

- i also miss stage in some views (feels like something is missing) : then again, an option to toggle it would be nice...

Thanks !

Thanks! I tried "undimming" the fanart for logo and lowlist, but prefer to have a consistent background throughout the views. If you want to mod it yourself, open up IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml and replace the corresponding control (near the top) with the following:

Code:
<control type="image">
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <texture>blk60.png</texture>
        <visible>![Window.IsActive(home) | Window.IsActive(startup) | Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(501)]</visible>
</control>

I won't be creating an option to bring the floor back, though you could likely restore it by just replacing my floor.png and/or gradient_floor.png in the media folder with BigNoid's versions.

(2014-04-21, 00:52)jakks Wrote: Anyone else having trouble when trying to view their library? as soon as I click movies or tv shows xbmc freezes

No problems here...
By placing the skin into the addons folder I can get XBMC to see and load the skin but I have the freezing issues, I've re downloaded the skin extracted the contents and renamed the extracted folder to skin.Aeon-Nox-Minimalistic-master and then re zipped, I open up XBMC go to install addons and select this zip file yet XBMC errors saying dependencies not met

any ideas?
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2014-04-21, 02:28)jakks Wrote: By placing the skin into the addons folder I can get XBMC to see and load the skin but I have the freezing issues, I've re downloaded the skin extracted the contents and renamed the extracted folder to skin.Aeon-Nox-Minimalistic-master and then re zipped, I open up XBMC go to install addons and select this zip file yet XBMC errors saying dependencies not met

any ideas?

Hmm, not sure, I just copied the theme files into the addons directory. But I already had Nox and all the dependencies installed. Do you have all the scripts in BigNoid's Nox 5 thread installed?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504
@jakks

Try renaming the folder of the skin to skin.aeon.nox.minimalistic (instead of skin.Aeon-Nox-Minimalistic-master).
First of all let me just say that I really like your take on Aeon and I understand that you (and other "skin-makers") are putting a lot of time and work into this. Hence I dont want to "demand" to include this view or that view but I just want to put up some ideas and maybe hear what your and others thoughts are.

When it comes to the episode view I believe that it was brought over from the Alaska episide view:

I always wondered why the Aeon version always aligned to the right of the screen, it just feels a bit odd. I always thought the Alaska one felt more symetric.

Also, has anybody made a mod of the banner view from Alaska?:

I know there are some banner views in Aeon but its alays multiple banners on the screen at the same time. This one puts more focus on the specific show with its dimmed fanart.

Please dont take this as some requests or demands just something to discuss...

/Niklas
Is it possible that I only use your Episode View? I've tried pulling only the xml file (View_502_Episode.xml) and edited the includes.xml, but nothing changed in aeon nox 5.

Do I need to edit more files? Could you please help?

Thanks!
(2014-04-22, 17:47)bokkoman Wrote: Is it possible that I only use your Episode View? I've tried pulling only the xml file (View_502_Episode.xml) and edited the includes.xml, but nothing changed in aeon nox 5.

Thanks!

I used BigNoid's LowList commit as a guide. See:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...5326095598

The Episode view has an id of 502. You'll need to add it to MyVideoNav.xml and IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml too.
(2014-04-22, 18:21)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 17:47)bokkoman Wrote: Is it possible that I only use your Episode View? I've tried pulling only the xml file (View_502_Episode.xml) and edited the includes.xml, but nothing changed in aeon nox 5.

Thanks!

The Episode view has an id of 502. You'll need to add it to MyVideoNav.xml and IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml too.

Thanks! I got it to work.
Though I was wondering if it is possible to add a background to all the text. It's really hard to read. Or is this because I just added it to aeon nox 5? Because in the screenshots on this page I see a greyed/dimmed out background/fanart and it is really easy to read.
(2014-04-22, 19:24)bokkoman Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 18:21)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks! I got it to work.
Though I was wondering if it is possible to add a background to all the text. It's really hard to read. Or is this because I just added it to aeon nox 5? Because in the screenshots on this page I see a greyed/dimmed out background/fanart and it is really easy to read.

I have a texture (blk60.png) applied to the background in my mod. If you want it just for Episode, you can add it near the top of the XML. I can post the exact code later when I'm in front of a computer.
(2014-04-22, 09:09)NiklasK Wrote: First of all let me just say that I really like your take on Aeon and I understand that you (and other "skin-makers") are putting a lot of time and work into this. Hence I dont want to "demand" to include this view or that view but I just want to put up some ideas and maybe hear what your and others thoughts are.

When it comes to the episode view I believe that it was brought over from the Alaska episide view:

I always wondered why the Aeon version always aligned to the right of the screen, it just feels a bit odd. I always thought the Alaska one felt more symetric.

Also, has anybody made a mod of the banner view from Alaska?:

I know there are some banner views in Aeon but its alays multiple banners on the screen at the same time. This one puts more focus on the specific show with its dimmed fanart.

Please dont take this as some requests or demands just something to discuss...

/Niklas

Will see, might try something like this later on. Working on a theme for the Global Search addon at the moment.
Thank you.
I read something about <colordiffuse> to dim a background. But I wouldn't know where I would put that code.
Maybe colordiffuse would be a better way to dim a background instead of a picture? But I'm not into skinning at all, so I wouldn't know Wink

Thanks for all your help!

**edit**
I think nox5 is using blk.png for dimming. I saw that in code somewhere.
(2014-04-21, 01:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 10:25)Sabish Wrote: Excellent work, love the flat look and all the little tweaks .. well done Smile

Couple of suggestions tough (feel free to ignore them):

- dimmed fanart looks good, but it would be nice to have the possibility to toggle beetween dimmed and regular, ideally at view level, since some views work great with dimmed (infowall for example), but other views look better with fanart fully displayed (logo view, lowlist, etc.)

- i also miss stage in some views (feels like something is missing) : then again, an option to toggle it would be nice...

Thanks !

Thanks! I tried "undimming" the fanart for logo and lowlist, but prefer to have a consistent background throughout the views. If you want to mod it yourself, open up IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml and replace the corresponding control (near the top) with the following:

Code:
<control type="image">
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <texture>blk60.png</texture>
        <visible>![Window.IsActive(home) | Window.IsActive(startup) | Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(501)]</visible>
</control>

I won't be creating an option to bring the floor back, though you could likely restore it by just replacing my floor.png and/or gradient_floor.png in the media folder with BigNoid's versions.

Thanks for the tips Cool
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic6