• 3(current)
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic
(2014-04-22, 20:52)bokkoman Wrote: Thank you.
I read something about <colordiffuse> to dim a background. But I wouldn't know where I would put that code.
Maybe colordiffuse would be a better way to dim a background instead of a picture? But I'm not into skinning at all, so I wouldn't know Wink

Thanks for all your help!

**edit**
I think nox5 is using blk.png for dimming. I saw that in code somewhere.

You'll need to add the following code at the end of the first control group in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Also download blk60.png from my git and put it in your media folder.

Code:
<control type="image">
         <posy>0</posy>
         <posy>0</posy>
         <width>1920</width>
         <height>1080</height>
         <texture>blk60.png</texture>                    
         <visible>Control.IsVisible(502)</visible>
</control>

Alternatively, you could try this code and wouldn't need blk60.png...

Code:
<control type="image">                        
        <visible>Control.IsVisible(502)</visible>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    <texture>black.png</texture>
    <colordiffuse>88ffffff</colordiffuse>
</control>
(2014-04-23, 17:40)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 20:52)bokkoman Wrote: Thank you.
I read something about <colordiffuse> to dim a background. But I wouldn't know where I would put that code.
Maybe colordiffuse would be a better way to dim a background instead of a picture? But I'm not into skinning at all, so I wouldn't know Wink

Thanks for all your help!

**edit**
I think nox5 is using blk.png for dimming. I saw that in code somewhere.

You'll need to add the following code at the end of the first control group in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Also download blk60.png from my git and put it in your media folder.

Code:
<control type="image">
         <posy>0</posy>
         <posy>0</posy>
         <width>1920</width>
         <height>1080</height>
         <texture>blk60.png</texture>                     <visible>Control.IsVisible(502)</visible>
</control>

Alternatively, you could try this code and wouldn't need blk60.png...

Code:
<control type="image">                         <visible>Control.IsVisible(502)</visible>
                         <posx>0</posx>
                            <posy>0</posy>
                            <width>1920</width>
                            <height>1080</height>
                            <texture>black.png</texture>
                            <colordiffuse>88ffffff</colordiffuse>
                        </control>

Thanks alot! It worked. I'm a happy man now. Though I saw that the original episode view from aeon nox 4 had a different overlay background texture. Which wasn't all black but a gradient from right to left and a little bar on the bottom. Is it possible for me to change the blk60.png to anything else?

Thanks again!

**edit**

This is the image I'm talking about:
https://github.com/WarLion/skin.Aeon-Nox...verlay.png
(2014-04-23, 18:48)bokkoman Wrote: Thanks alot! It worked. I'm a happy man now. Though I saw that the original episode view from aeon nox 4 had a different overlay background texture. Which wasn't all black but a gradient from right to left and a little bar on the bottom. Is it possible for me to change the blk60.png to anything else?

Thanks again!

**edit**

This is the image I'm talking about:
https://github.com/WarLion/skin.Aeon-Nox...verlay.png

Yeah, you can change to another texture, you will just need to adjust the positioning.
(2014-04-23, 17:40)bryanbrazil Wrote: Yeah, you can change to another texture, you will just need to adjust the positioning.

Not if I would make it 1920x1080 right?
(2014-04-23, 19:04)bokkoman Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 17:40)bryanbrazil Wrote: Yeah, you can change to another texture, you will just need to adjust the positioning.

You're right, I was thinking it was a different aspect ratio. Smile
(2014-04-23, 19:08)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:04)bokkoman Wrote:

Hm, I'm not sure if it would be good. If I make a texture, the filesize is +700Kb (1920x1080px). I think it's better to have a smaller filesize? Would you agree?
(2014-04-23, 19:22)bokkoman Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:08)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:04)bokkoman Wrote: Not if I would make it 1920x1080 right?

Hm, I'm not sure if it would be good. If I make a texture, the filesize is +700Kb (1920x1080px). I think it's better to have a smaller filesize? Would you agree?

Depends on your machine I would think. All of my background textures are 1px X 1px and under 1kb, and I just stretch them to fill the screen.
(2014-04-23, 19:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:22)bokkoman Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:08)bryanbrazil Wrote: You're right, I was thinking it was a different aspect ratio. Smile

Depends on your machine I would think. All of my background textures are 1px X 1px and under 1kb, but I stretch them to fill the screen.

Yeah, I figured. I found out when using a grey as gradient color the image size with dramaticly increase. So I used black and the filesize was reduced to 27kB.

I'll have myself some trial and error.

I think I can remove the width and height codes?
(2014-04-22, 17:47)bokkoman Wrote: Is it possible that I only use your Episode View? I've tried pulling only the xml file (View_502_Episode.xml) and edited the includes.xml, but nothing changed in aeon nox 5.

Do I need to edit more files? Could you please help?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you please share your Episode View Mod ?

Thanks
(2014-04-24, 00:19)desperado77 Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 17:47)bokkoman Wrote: Is it possible that I only use your Episode View? I've tried pulling only the xml file (View_502_Episode.xml) and edited the includes.xml, but nothing changed in aeon nox 5.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks

It's not so much a mod to add an Episode view to Nox 5 as it is a mod of the entire skin. That being said, bokkoman was able to incorporate the view into Nox 5. See post 25...
(2014-04-24, 00:19)desperado77 Wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks

Just like bryan said, you have to edit some files of the nox5 skin. It wasn't that hard at all, since I was a total noob at skinning as well.
Hey bryan, maybe if you/we make the episode view look really slick bignoid will add it. We could try? Or do you want to keep this skin to yourself and keep working on it?
(2014-04-24, 14:17)bokkoman Wrote: Hey bryan, maybe if you/we make the episode view look really slick bignoid will add it. We could try? Or do you want to keep this skin to yourself and keep working on it?

I'm not sure Episode view is a good fit for Nox 5 since it doesn't fit well with the furniture (floor, panels). Not really an issue with my mod because I removed the furniture.

Either way, I've got too many other mods in mind and limited time. I don't use Episode myself, I just created it as a test.

I'm working on a Global Search skin now, will post a preview in a few days. Also want to combine EPG and TV Channels views at some point.
Love this mod, maybe add these backdrops --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137846

They would fit nice imho...
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2014-04-24, 23:37)john.cord Wrote: Love this mod, maybe add these backdrops --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137846

They would fit nice imho...

Thanks, nice collection. I think I'll leave backgrounds up to the user though. I don't personally put things like favorites, programs or shutdown on the main menu and I use folders of hand-picked fanart for movies, TV, and music, etc.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [MOD] Aeon Nox 5: Minimalistic6