Bug Plugin Issue with "Resume" dialog
Hi All,

I'm having a problem with plugin support I am trying to add to VideoExtras. I have it pretty much working as a plugin, so that you can navigate from:

Videos -> Add-ons -> VideoExtras

And view all the extras for each Movie/TV Show.

The problem comes when you click on a video file to play it. If it has not been played before everything works OK. However, if it has been partially played then the "Resume from XX:XX / Start from beginning" dialog appears.

I guess it is appearing because I have set the ListItem to reflect that it has been partially played (Displaying exactly how I want it to).

The problem is, when the plugin gets called for the "Click action", how do I get the value that the user selected from the "Resume from XX:XX / Start from beginning" dialog. (As it isn't included in the URL that the plugin is called with to action the click)

Either that - or how do I prevent the dialog being displayed?

I have checked in the code at the following location (in case that helps):

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/sour.../plugin.py

Any suggestions or assistance gratefully received!

Thanks

Rob
Appologies for bumping this - but does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks

Rob
After a LOT of hacking, I managed to find a way around this.

The plugin sets:

Code:
listitem.setProperty("TotalTime", str(self.getTotalDuration()))
listitem.setProperty("ResumeTime", str(self.getResumePoint()))

In order to highlight that the ResumeTime is less than the TotalTime, and thus display the "partially played icon".

I discovered if I set/hack "TotalTime" as follows:

Code:
listitem.setProperty("TotalTime", "")

Then the "partially played icon" will display, as I want it to, but when you click on it, the resume/begin dialog is not displayed.

It is VERY hacky, but it does work.

Rob
BIG thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin Issue with "Resume" dialog0