After XBMCcustomregis, remote still doing wrong keys
I have margros build of XBMC Gotham beta 3, and a Microsoft Ehome remote. I installed XBMCcustomregis to remap all the remote keys. It seems to have partially worked - the green button starts XBMC, and certain buttons such as the 'I' key work great. However other keys don't work correctly, and I can't work out why. For example if I load up the MCERemote app in XBMC, it shows that my 'guide' button is mapped to ctrl-g (which it should be), however showkey says that the 'guide' button provides the 'c' key (which is what it actually does provide). So, why would the XBMCcustomregis script aim to map my keys correctly, the MCERemote says they are remapped correctly, but they are (in reality) not mapped correctly?
Did you restart the pc after the installation? You can try my MCE remote mapper tool to configure the buttons.
Yes, I restarted in between. I've had more of a play - if I start XBMC as admin, MCERemote shows different button mappings to if I start it normally, which is a bit odd. However if I start as admin, then use MCERemote to apply settings, those settings stick, and match the MCERemote settings. So it seems as though the problem is that XBMCCustomregis is setting some odd defaults (ie Guide is set to 'c'). I don't know why that is?

The other problem is that I don't want to use MCERemote, because then it overrides some of the useful settings from XBMCCustomregis, such as starting XBMC with the green button. Is there a way to get MCERemote to read the current settings, allowing me to just edit the few that I want to change?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After XBMCcustomregis, remote still doing wrong keys0