Started booting straight to desktop (xbmcbuntu)
I have been messing around with my xbmcbuntu installation and ended up with the XBMC user booting straight to desktop rather than XBMC.. I can start XBMC manually, but I obviously want it to boot straight into the XBMC application.. Any idea what I need to set to do this?
log out, choose xbmc session login
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
it doesnt work, it still boots straight to desktop... Its like it has removed the xbmc auto start from the script.
(I did at one stage uninstall xbmc (while upgrading to nightly), so it might be why)
Does the XBMC user have a startup script to make it start xbmc automatically? If so, can somebody please paste it for me so I can sort my installation out?
(2014-04-19, 13:23)runel Wrote: Does the XBMC user have a startup script to make it start xbmc automatically? If so, can somebody please paste it for me so I can sort my installation out?

sudo mv xbmcbuntu /etc/init.d/
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/xbmcbuntu
sudo update-rc.d xbmcbuntu defaults

Edit: I should note that this is assuming that xbmcbuntu is still installed but not in the startup.

To install it, per the wiki page:

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
Thanks incognegro76. I re-installed Xbmcbuntu 13 (beta) in the end, but I will keep your commands in mind is required in the future. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Started booting straight to desktop (xbmcbuntu)0