Android Movie is not continued from last position (uPnP mode)
Hello,

I've installed latest Gotham version on my Android Nexus 10. I use it as uPnP client, while the uPnP server resides on my PC (I have there Windows xbmc as server).
When Playing movies on my Android, xbmc doesn't remember the last position, it always start from the beginning of the movie. I've defined it on the settings to start playing from latest position, but it still doesn't work.

Can someone verify this issue? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Bookmarks doesn't work when playing via UPnp.
Ok, thank you for your answer.

Is there a chance to implement this feature?
By the way, it works with other uPnP clients (such as BubbleUPnP) - the movie continues from the last position when using them.

I really prefer using xbmc, and this feature is quite important. I would be very happy to see it implemented.
Also consider that SMB (the "trivial" file sharing) doesn't work well with 1080p movies, it's too slow for them. So uPnP is the only solution to play FHD movies over wifi.
Actually, resume points should specifically work with movies over UPnP library sharing between two XBMC instances. If it's not working then we will need to see a debug log (wiki) from both XBMC instances.
(2014-04-20, 07:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Actually, resume points should specifically work with movies over UPnP library sharing between two XBMC instances. If it's not working then we will need to see a debug log (wiki) from both XBMC instances.
Hi,

I played the file Arrow.S02E19.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv, after few seconds I jumped to minute 19 in the file. I played it for few seconds, then stopped the video.
I then played again the video, but it started from the beginning instead of resuming from minute 19 or 20 of the video.

log from PC xbmc (uPnP Server):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=180737

log from Nexus 10 Android xbmc (uPnP client):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=180733

Thanks!
Code:
11:18:13 T:1332    INFO: UPnP: OnUpdateObject: E:\Users\Oshri\Videos\סדרות\החץ\Arrow.S02E19.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv/ from 192.168.1.105
11:18:13 T:1332   ERROR: UPNP: OnUpdateObject failed with err 701:No such object
11:18:16 T:2920   DEBUG: Received request to serve '3A2A41164538D6FB78165A45B7F0BA6A/Arrow.S02E19.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv' = 'E:\Users\Oshri\Videos\סדרות\החץ\Arrow.S02E19.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv'
11:18:19 T:3840   DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Deinitialize: Cleaning up
11:18:28 T:7088    INFO: UPnP: OnUpdateObject: E:\Users\Oshri\Videos\סדרות\החץ\Arrow.S02E19.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv/ from 192.168.1.105
11:18:28 T:7088   ERROR: UPNP: OnUpdateObject failed with err 701:No such object
11:20:12 T:6804   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc

The trailing slash in file filename is highly suspicious, but I know zip about the upnp code.
We should bring @Montellese here...
Ah, a TV show. There's an issue with TV shows not reading the watched and resume points, because of the way XBMC's UPnP stuff works. It's all above my head, but basically the marks are made but the client XBMC won't see them until it is restarted. It works great for movies, but TV shows has this bug for the time being.
But it's a mkv file with a video. What difference does it make if the source is a movie or a series?
Anyway, I will check it with a movie file and report here.
(2014-04-21, 10:48)Animor Wrote: But it's a mkv file with a video. What difference does it make if the source is a movie or a series?

code wise it could matter
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-21, 10:48)Animor Wrote: But it's a mkv file with a video. What difference does it make if the source is a movie or a series?

Because XBMC broadcasts movie listings and TV episode listings differently over UPnP. One of our devs told me that it has to do with XBMC not quite refreshing the data from the "server". Basically, client can write the resume point to the server, but you have to quit XBMC and open it back up to see that resume point, but only for TV episodes, and possibly not all of the time (I guess it sometimes works, but mostly doesn't).

I'm sure it will eventually be fixed, but these things sometimes take more time than originally anticipated.
Well, there might be a specific issue with TV episodes, but in this case the resume point is not even written to the db (see the log extract from the server, above)
Hi,

I have tried the same with a movie, and I have encountered the same problem - the movie starts from the beginning every time, it doesn't continue from the last position.
So I don't think it is related to the file being a TV episode or a movie, since it happens with both of them.

Log from PC xbmc (uPnP Server):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182152

Log from Nexus 10 Android xbmc (uPnP client):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182151

The file name is "The.Hobbit.The.Desolation.Of.Smaug.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-PublicHD.mkv".
Hi,

Should I open a ticket for this bug?
Since it seems to be a different issue than what I saw, then yeah, if you could open a new ticket for this bug then that would be greatly appreciated.
(2014-04-22, 09:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Since it seems to be a different issue than what I saw, then yeah, if you could open a new ticket for this bug then that would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I've opened a ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15143

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie is not continued from last position (uPnP mode)0