Android Movie is not continued from last position (uPnP mode)
I just tested this on my system and resuming works just fine as long as the resume point already exists on the server when I open the movie listing on the client. I'll try with an android client when I get some time.

EDIT: Tested on my Android smartphone playing a movie from my win32 XBMC installation and resume works perfectly fine (including an updated resume point on my win32 XBMC installation after playing the movie for a view minutes before stopping).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-04-22, 23:13)Montellese Wrote: I just tested this on my system and resuming works just fine as long as the resume point already exists on the server when I open the movie listing on the client. I'll try with an android client when I get some time.

EDIT: Tested on my Android smartphone playing a movie from my win32 XBMC installation and resume works perfectly fine (including an updated resume point on my win32 XBMC installation after playing the movie for a view minutes before stopping).
Thank you for your answer.

I would appreciate it if you take a look in my debug logs, and see why it doesn't work in my case. It looks like the server doesn't write a resume point. There are also some some errors in the log, perhaps they are related.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately the log doesn't show us if an item has a resume point or not and therefore it's not of much use in this case. The only difference in my log is that when I select the movie I want to play in the GUI I first get the resume dialog asking me whether I want to resume or not. And then when it starts playing there's an additional seek command being executed to get to the resume point. But if you don't get the resume dialog it means that the resume point wasn't even transfered from the server to the client.

Sorry to ask this but are you 100% sure that there is a resume point on the item you are trying to play? Do you see the little "|>" icon in confluence next to the item in the list view? You should see the same on the client if it is there on the server.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese What do you think about the log extract at #6 ?
(2014-04-23, 09:36)Koying Wrote: @Montellese What do you think about the log extract at #6 ?

It looks like after having played the video on the client and having stopped playback it tried to update the resume point on the server which fails. I'd have to check how the log line should look like because our UPnP implementation doesn't use real paths but only videodb:// and musicb:// paths.
Hold on! Is it possible that you are trying to play a file that is not in your library but through "Video Library -> Files -> ..."? I have no idea if that is supported or not but that would explain the path in the log and it would also explain why OnUpdateObject fails.
This is how I play the files:

On the client I add new files from the upnp server. Then, in order to play them, I go to movies / series -> files - > "folder name" and choose the file I want to play.
Is there another way to do it?
You let XBMC add the files to your library on your "server" and then you play them through the library on your client in "Video library -> Movies -> Title -> ..."
Ok, I will check it when I get home and report the results here.
(2014-04-23, 15:03)Montellese Wrote: You let XBMC add the files to your library on your "server" and then you play them through the library on your client in "Video library -> Movies -> Title -> ..."
Hi,

It's not exactly how you wrote it, but I think I understood what you meant and it works now only for movies. Series don't resume from last position.
This is what I did, let me know if I miss something:

1. On the server, I've added the movies and series to the library.
2. On the client: video -> files -> add video -> upnp device -> xbmc server -> video library
3. On the client: video -> files (I don't have any library option!) -> xbmc server -> movies (and not files as I used to do) -> title -> pick a movie.

Now I can see the little triangle and the movie resume from the last position. However, for series the same doesn't work: there is no triangle and the video always starts from the beginning.

Did I do OK? Is there a way to make it work for series as well?

Thanks!
Yup that's what I meant. I just tried it with a tv episode from the tvshow chuck and resuming worked for me there as well. But obviously the triangle only shows on an episode and not on the tvshow.

EDIT: BTW I've looked into the code and it's really missing the logic on the server side to support resume points on the client in files view. Not sure though how easy/difficult it would be to add.
ok, I've made some progress in understanding the issue with the series (movies resume just fine now):

When watching a series, I can resume only if I exit xbmc client and restart it. When I do it, I have the triangle on the side and the video resumes from the last position.
But if I don't exit xbmc, it doesn't resume from the last position. It either shows no triangle or show a triangle but starts from the old position.

Looks like the resume point data updates only after I close the client and reopen it.

Any suggestions?
I've noticed as well that when you've already opened a listing on the client, then partially play an item from that listing and try to resume it on the client afterwards, it doesn't work. Theoretically it should update the listing when the item is updated on the server but maybe that's broken/not yet supported for tvshows.
ok, I see. Well, it's good that you've managed to reproduce the problem...
Are you or any other developer going to fix it? There is already an open ticket about this issue.

p.s. can you also take a look in this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1686079

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie is not continued from last position (uPnP mode)0