WIP Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - Music Lyrics Mod (Now Available)
I like it but can the box with the lyrics be made slightly wider to fit bigger sentences in?
(2014-04-21, 22:16)_Andy_ Wrote: I use MusicBrainz to tag the music. Actually i have 86 songs in my library. MusicBrainz could tag 80 but the script found 4 lyrics only.

Where do i need to put the lyrics manually that your mod is able to display the lyrics?

They are in your userdata directory...

AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cu.lrclyrics\lyrics\

In the lyric directory above it has the name of the artist then the song name.txt or songname.lrc... files ending with .lrc files are synchronized files and files ending .txt are regular lyric files. The artist name and song name has to be an exact match with the artist name and song name in your xbmc database. If you manually put them in the directory I believe you have to restart XBMC in order for CU LRC to recognize.

This site here has a good amount of synchonized song files... http://www.cicyzone.com/Lyrictest/

Also in the settings for "CU LRC Lyrics" there is an option to save the lyric files in the same directory as the file itself if you prefer to save the lyrics with the actual song file.
(2014-04-21, 23:54)CelticShady Wrote: I like it but can the box with the lyrics be made slightly wider to fit bigger sentences in?

It's already at a width of 815. In the synchronized files it will scroll when highlighted and in unsynchronized files it will wrap. If I make it any wider
it will start to interfere with other controls and I will have to change positions of them. Most lyric files don't even come near the width of 815 so I think I'll stay at 815. If you really really want to make it wider I'll search for all the line numbers that the code is on and you can change it manually yourself but I don't have the time right now.

(2014-04-21, 22:59)LEDFan Wrote: Very nice. Thanks for this mod. I will try it and report later.

BTW: To avoid overwriting files, maybe it would be a good idea to integrate the mod with the skin like warlion did for color icons and showcase mods. Maybe you could ask him? Maybe it's not your intention. Anyhow, this is only a suggestion.

Well... I suppose if enough people want it integrated then Warlion might consider it. It maybe too soon to bug him about it.
We'll see how it goes I suppose... I would sure like for him to integrate it but I think he is pretty busy right now to mess with it.
Its just i listen to a lot of hip hop and sentences tend to be longer
(2014-04-22, 01:35)CelticShady Wrote: Its just i listen to a lot of hip hop and sentences tend to be longer

Line #'s that have to be edited in "script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml"

488, 559, 1078, 1099, 1119 change the width to however wide you want but make them all the same.
Also you will have to restart xbmc or reload the skin to see changes... enjoy
A quick tip...

AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cu.lrclyrics\lyrics\

In the lyric directory above it has the name of the artist then the song name.txt or songname.lrc... files ending with .lrc files are synchronized files and files ending .txt are regular lyric files.

This site here has a good amount of synchronized song files... http://www.cicyzone.com/Lyrictest/
Search for your artist, find the song you want, click on it then on the right side you will see a bunch of buttons, click on "Lrc" and a web page will open up with your song looking something like this...

[00:00]Zz Top - Precious And Grace
[00:13]Ridin' top the floodway on a Friday night,
[00:18]the landscape's a fine and nat'ral sight.
[00:23.100]Just cruisin' slow through the dark of night....

Copy the text, paste it into notepad or whatever plain text editor you use and save it in the directory above + Artist name in a text file with the name of the song and an extension of .lrc (songname.lrc)

after you have manually saved the file in the directory above restart XBMC in order for the synchronized file to be recognized... Enjoy!
How to toggle the mod? I did everything as asked but nothing works. On top of it, lyrics used to work before adding the mod but now I don't get any lyrics at all. I don't get it.

At which level are we supposed to get this view? Song level, album level or home menu page?

Edit: Figured it out, forget about it.
(2014-04-22, 01:54)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 01:35)CelticShady Wrote: Its just i listen to a lot of hip hop and sentences tend to be longer

488, 559, 1078, 1099, 1119 change the width to however wide you want but make them all the same.

I edited them all to 1200 but didnt seem to change
I am not interested in the lyrics but I would like to improve the presentation of the artist slideshow. Can I run this mod without the scrolling lyrics?
(2014-04-22, 03:41)LEDFan Wrote: How to toggle the mod? I did everything as asked but nothing works. On top of it, lyrics used to work before adding the mod but now I don't get any lyrics at all. I don't get it.

At which level are we supposed to get this view? Song level, album level or home menu page?

Forget about it. I figured it out. It works very well. Smile

I really hope it will be included in the skin, it's very nice.

One question: when you choose an overlay you cannot remove it. At first, there was no overlay. When I decided to choose one, I chose red, then switched to blue and finally green but I wanted to get rid of the overlay and I couldn't. What's the trick?
I will answer all your questions and find solutions for everyone if possible but it has to be tomorrow guys cause its after 9 pm here and I have been up since 2 this morning and my brain is kaput right now. Let me grab some shut eye and I will help you all with what I can first thing in the morning. Thanks.
(2014-04-22, 03:46)CelticShady Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 01:54)woodside Wrote:

I edited them all to 1200 but didnt seem to change

Yeah... there are too many things have to change. All I can tell you if you want to mess with the widths is that the code for the default list is in between lines 485 and 532 . And the textboxes for when there are no synchronized lyrics are in between lines 1075 and 1136. You can mess with the width tags of that code if you want and see if you can get what you need.
(2014-04-22, 03:49)Warner306 Wrote: I am not interested in the lyrics but I would like to improve the presentation of the artist slideshow. Can I run this mod without the scrolling lyrics?

I thought about wanting to do the same thing, however, the main guts of the program for which the lyrics mod is ran off of in Aeon Nox is all "CU LRC Lyrics" code. You would have to edit the py files for that code and pretty much rewrite how it operates. Or create a separate stand alone program. I have thought about doing the latter and make a whole new separate program without having to rely on CU LRC and make the lyrics as an option to turn on and off. but that is down the road. Sorry.

(2014-04-22, 03:41)LEDFan Wrote: One question: when you choose an overlay you cannot remove it. At first, there was no overlay. When I decided to choose one, I chose red, then switched to blue and finally green but I wanted to get rid of the overlay and I couldn't. What's the trick?

Hmmm.. I thought I had set the red as a default. What you experienced when you first started was that there was no setting for any overlay so it didn't show any one of them. Once you set one of them then it had a setting to start back up with. I don't think it will be too much to allow for an option of no overlay. I'll look into it and get back with you.
(2014-04-22, 03:41)LEDFan Wrote: One question: when you choose an overlay you cannot remove it. At first, there was no overlay. When I decided to choose one, I chose red, then switched to blue and finally green but I wanted to get rid of the overlay and I couldn't. What's the trick?

Hmmm.. I thought I had set the red as a default. What you experienced when you first started was that there was no setting for any overlay so it didn't show any one of them. Once you set one of them then it had a setting to start back up with. I don't think it will be too much to allow for an option of no overlay. I'll look into it and get back with you.
[/quote]

[EDIT]

I changed it to where it will default to a red overlay when you first run it but will also have the option to toggle off the overlays.
Just unzip the new archive and overwrite "script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml" with the new one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qac2dnzgutuqit...dFiles.zip
(2014-04-22, 17:25)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 03:49)Warner306 Wrote: I am not interested in the lyrics but I would like to improve the presentation of the artist slideshow. Can I run this mod without the scrolling lyrics?

I thought about wanting to do the same thing, however, the main guts of the program for which the lyrics mod is ran off of in Aeon Nox is all "CU LRC Lyrics" code. You would have to edit the py files for that code and pretty much rewrite how it operates. Or create a separate stand alone program. I have thought about doing the latter and make a whole new separate program without having to rely on CU LRC and make the lyrics as an option to turn on and off. but that is down the road. Sorry.

[EDIT]
I believe I have a solution . I'll get back to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - Music Lyrics Mod (Now Available)3