WIP Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - Music Lyrics Mod (Now Available)
Anyone using this? If so how is it working for you?
I am really liking this mod so far. Thanks for all the hard work. The only issue I've had is with the disc art not showing up which isn't a big deal at all. I haven't even tried to remove the mod and add it back. So I'm sure that will probably resolve it.
(2014-04-30, 03:15)disgustinjustin Wrote: I am really liking this mod so far. Thanks for all the hard work. The only issue I've had is with the disc art not showing up which isn't a big deal at all. I haven't even tried to remove the mod and add it back. So I'm sure that will probably resolve it.

Hmmm... the discart is related to Aeon Nox itself. The lyrics mod doesn't mess with the discart whatsoever so it should show whether or not you have applied my mod or not. I think. If indeed I read your post right. Does it work if you go back to your original files? If it does then let me know and I will do whatever I can to help to get it working for you. Please let me know. Thanks.
(2014-04-30, 05:25)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 03:15)disgustinjustin Wrote: I am really liking this mod so far. Thanks for all the hard work. The only issue I've had is with the disc art not showing up which isn't a big deal at all. I haven't even tried to remove the mod and add it back. So I'm sure that will probably resolve it.

Hmmm... the discart is related to Aeon Nox itself. The lyrics mod doesn't mess with the discart whatsoever so it should show whether or not you have applied my mod or not. I think. If indeed I read your post right. Does it work if you go back to your original files? If it does then let me know and I will do whatever I can to help to get it working for you. Please let me know. Thanks.

The disc art works outside of the mod so I'm not sure what's going on. The default disc art doesn't show up either on albums without proper disc art but I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to behave or not.

Tomorrow I'm gonna install RC 1 and Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 and then apply your mod and see if that takes care of it. I'll let you know as soon as i do.
(2014-04-30, 06:31)disgustinjustin Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 05:25)woodside Wrote:

The disc art works outside of the mod so I'm not sure what's going on. The default disc art doesn't show up either on albums without proper disc art but I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to behave or not.

Tomorrow I'm gonna install RC 1 and Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 and then apply your mod and see if that takes care of it. I'll let you know as soon as i do.

You know. I suppose I should check and see if changes have been made to MusicVisualisation.xml on the Git version since the one in my mod. I'll check in to this and get back to you.
(2014-04-30, 06:42)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 06:31)disgustinjustin Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 05:25)woodside Wrote: Hmmm... the discart is related to Aeon Nox itself. The lyrics mod doesn't mess with the discart whatsoever so it should show whether or not you have applied my mod or not. I think. If indeed I read your post right. Does it work if you go back to your original files? If it does then let me know and I will do whatever I can to help to get it working for you. Please let me know. Thanks.

You know. I suppose I should check and see if changes have been made to MusicVisualisation.xml on the Git version since the one in my mod. I'll check in to this and get back to you.

Wanted to let you know that I got this straigtened out and it seems that it was completely related to the skin. Installed on two other machines with no issues so I ended up copying the GUI settings from one of those machines onto the one with that wasn't showing disc art and now is working fine. Thanks Woodside, awesome mod!!!
(2014-05-01, 15:28)disgustinjustin Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 06:42)woodside Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 06:31)disgustinjustin Wrote: The disc art works outside of the mod so I'm not sure what's going on. The default disc art doesn't show up either on albums without proper disc art but I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to behave or not.

Wanted to let you know that I got this straigtened out and it seems that it was completely related to the skin. Installed on two other machines with no issues so I ended up copying the GUI settings from one of those machines onto the one with that wasn't showing disc art and now is working fine. Thanks Woodside, awesome mod!!!

Yeah, apparently there is a lot of changes in the settings in the newest git (4.1.9.9) I'm working on updating it for the newest version of the skin. I will post updated files when I get everything working properly for the newest git version.

[EDIT]
Updated for the newest Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 git
Updated for the newest version of Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9
I don't know what happened to warlion as he has stopped posting in the main Aeon Nox forum. So I thought I'd come here for a request for a mod. I'd like to improve the presentation of the default artist slideshow (I'm not interested in using a lyrics script). Specifically, I want to exchange the default panel:

With something that resembles the following:

Basically, I'd like to get rid of the clunky extended info widget and replace it with a tracklist - which is all I'm really interested in when listening to music anyways. It seems easy enough in concept, but I have no experience in modding. The same interface is using on the Home Screen for Now Playing items:

(2014-05-03, 23:37)Warner306 Wrote: Basically, I'd like to get rid of the clunky extended info widget and replace it with a tracklist - which is all I'm really interested in when listening to music anyways. It seems easy enough in concept, but I have no experience in modding. The same interface is using on the Home Screen for Now Playing items:

How's this?

This is for 4.1.9.9 version of the skin, not sure if it will work for other versions or not, the tracklist will only show if you have the Music Info Mode panel and Extended Info widget disabled like this...

Backup "MusicVisualisation.xml" first then copy this to your 1080i directory... cheers. Let me know how it works for you.

Download "MusicVisualisation.xml" here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2m9a..._6uaj88Mmg
Thanks woodside,

I think it looks great. I appreciate your time and effort. It would look even better with a drop shadow or a some type of glow behind the text to improve readability, but I won't complain if it remains as is.

(2014-05-05, 00:56)Warner306 Wrote: Thanks woodside,

I think it looks great. I appreciate your time and effort. It would look even better with a drop shadow or a some type of glow behind the text to improve readability, but I won't complain if it remains as is.

Not too up on my drop shadows or glows...lol but if you open the visualation.xml file at the very bottom you will see "mod end" go up or better yet search untill you see "mod start" and the label tags are below that. You can look up label tag in the skinning manual and see what you can do with it. Cheers.
Hi,

Just to let you know that your file in the first post shows as empty when going to Dropbox.

On another note, I'm just recovering after a hard disk crash and I had to reinstall Windows, all my programs etc... What a headache! Confused

Now, I reinstalled xbmc and your mod of course. But, I can't remember how to toggle the mod anymore! Could you tell me what I have to do to toggle it? At which level? What are the actions I have to take? (And yes CU-LRC Lyrics is installed.)
(2014-05-06, 17:24)LEDFan Wrote: Hi,

Just to let you know that your file in the first post shows as empty when going to Dropbox.

On another note, I'm just recovering after a hard disk crash and I had to reinstall Windows, all my programs etc... What a headache! Confused

Now, I reinstalled xbmc and your mod of course. But, I can't remember how to toggle the mod anymore! Could you tell me what I have to do to toggle it? At which level? What are the actions I have to take? (And yes CU-LRC Lyrics is installed.)

When music is playing and you tab into the music visualization screen where the artist slideshow is showing. I believe you can keep pressing up or the "M" key or something to get to the OSD then tab over till you see "Lyrics".

also in the skin settings customizer do you have this option set to CU LRC Lyrics?

One other thing is in the CU LRC Lyrics settings there is an option to set as a service then it will automatically popup when you tab into the music visualization screen. If you change that setting you have to reboot xbmc in order for it to recognize the change.

Sometimes on first run it will take a few seconds or so to pop up with the lyrics.
Also can you check the dl link for me again. I'm not sure why it quit working but I re-added the link. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Much prefer just seeing the playlist when playing music when there are no lyrics

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - Music Lyrics Mod (Now Available)3