XBMC Wrapper
2.2 out, new functions explained in first post.
wrong place
Hi Xmister,

i installed the version 2.2 . The save button works now :-)
There are some questions:
in the configuration table I added my videoplayer app (and saved it succesfull :-)) - but as I started XBMCWrapper for the first time, I got the android-choice for the rigth player. There I choosed my player again and it works. Is this the right way how it should work?
I still have a version of SMB Wrapper installed - could it influenced the XBMC Wrapper app?

The other question is about the new cifs-mapping which I would like to use.
The XBMC Wrapper tries to make the mount - but on my system it does not work. The Folder XBMCWrapper is there (with full accessrights) and i can choose the option CIFS.. But then nothing else happens.
If I make a mount by myself, I can start the video with your XBMC Wrapper successfully. The XBMC Wrapper has root-access on my device.
Is it possible to change the mountpath?
I remember, that is was not possible to make mountpathes direct to flash/... or SDCARD/... on my device (with root !!). That is why I use nmt/cifs/mountpath or nmt/SMB/mountpath.
It would be great, If you could add an option to adapt the mountpath...

Thanks a lot again!!

The himedia-player-(user) community in germany is very excited because of your tool !!

SaEt9000
(2014-06-02, 15:33)SaEt9000 Wrote: Hi Xmister,

i installed the version 2.2 . The save button works now :-)
There are some questions:
in the configuration table I added my videoplayer app (and saved it succesfull :-)) - but as I started XBMCWrapper for the first time, I got the android-choice for the rigth player. There I choosed my player again and it works. Is this the right way how it should work?
I still have a version of SMB Wrapper installed - could it influenced the XBMC Wrapper app?

The other question is about the new cifs-mapping which I would like to use.
The XBMC Wrapper tries to make the mount - but on my system it does not work. The Folder XBMCWrapper is there (with full accessrights) and i can choose the option CIFS.. But then nothing else happens.
If I make a mount by myself, I can start the video with your XBMC Wrapper successfully. The XBMC Wrapper has root-access on my device.
Is it possible to change the mountpath?
I remember, that is was not possible to make mountpathes direct to flash/... or SDCARD/... on my device (with root !!). That is why I use nmt/cifs/mountpath or nmt/SMB/mountpath.
It would be great, If you could add an option to adapt the mountpath...

Thanks a lot again!!

The himedia-player-(user) community in germany is very excited because of your tool !!

SaEt9000

In 2.3 now you can configure the cifs mount path.

About the player choosing thing: It's either a misspelled player package name, or the wrapper was started with a wrong/empty URL.
unbelievable !!
I will try it this evening and will give feedback.

Thanks a lot again.

SaEt9000
Hi Xmister,

in between I made a lot of tests with the cifs-mount and try to use different players.
Both do not really work on my himedia-player.

But may be, that I do unterstand something wrong. I thought, that the mount option is something like an "on the fly mounting" by starting the xbmcWrapper.
If it is he same method like cifs-manager or mountmanager are enabling automount, then it can not work on our device. We do not know why but this automount option does not work on it.
What works is to make a start-script like that:
#!/system/bin/sh
busybox mount –t cifs –o user=“xxxxxx“,password=“xxxxxx“ //192.168.x.xxx/volume/MOVIEONNAS /mnt/flash/cifs/movie

My hope was, that you have something like this implemented in the xbmcWrapper, so that the mounting is done just in the moment when you try to play the file from SMB-share.

Can you in addition to that explain something about the option to switch the players? F.i. I would try to use for files and samba the com.himedia.android.videoplayer and for PVR the com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro . But it does not really work to have different players in the configuration list.
In XBMC and playercorefactory it works, but it would be better to do it all by using your Wrapper.
So - how the Wrapper is identifiing f.i. PVR ? Im using in xbmc the dvbviewer PVR - or better to say: I try to use it. With XBMC internal player it plays only SD-video and 720p. 1080i - no chance :-
)

Thank you
SaEt9000
hi,

i just install the xbmc 13.1 and xbmcwrapper
everywhere time i try to play a video it says that the video cant play
but whenever i try to play from es file explorer play with xbmc it plays the file
but from xbmc NO
bit confuse the setting please help

regards
(2014-06-14, 11:08)SaEt9000 Wrote: Hi Xmister,

in between I made a lot of tests with the cifs-mount and try to use different players.
Both do not really work on my himedia-player.

But may be, that I do unterstand something wrong. I thought, that the mount option is something like an "on the fly mounting" by starting the xbmcWrapper.
If it is he same method like cifs-manager or mountmanager are enabling automount, then it can not work on our device. We do not know why but this automount option does not work on it.
What works is to make a start-script like that:
#!/system/bin/sh
busybox mount –t cifs –o user=“xxxxxx“,password=“xxxxxx“ //192.168.x.xxx/volume/MOVIEONNAS /mnt/flash/cifs/movie

My hope was, that you have something like this implemented in the xbmcWrapper, so that the mounting is done just in the moment when you try to play the file from SMB-share.

Can you in addition to that explain something about the option to switch the players? F.i. I would try to use for files and samba the com.himedia.android.videoplayer and for PVR the com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro . But it does not really work to have different players in the configuration list.
In XBMC and playercorefactory it works, but it would be better to do it all by using your Wrapper.
So - how the Wrapper is identifiing f.i. PVR ? Im using in xbmc the dvbviewer PVR - or better to say: I try to use it. With XBMC internal player it plays only SD-video and 720p. 1080i - no chance :-
)

Thank you
SaEt9000

As there is no place to ask for credentials, you need to have guest login enabled on the target samba share to make it work.

For PVR be sure to have a pvr config in playercorefactory with the wrapper as the target (or reinstall playercorefactory.xml from the app).
A new version with kodi and samba user support will be available on Google Play soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Wrapper0