Gotham Beta 4 Side Mouse Buttons no longer work
Hey all, I just installed beta 4 from XBMC today - and notice that my side mouse buttons (that let me quickly close menus and go back to the previous ones without using my keyboard) no longer work. I realize you can do this with the right mouse button but you have to click in a specific spot in the pop up menu to return to the last screen with it. The side mouse buttons are much quicker and I don't have to worry about where I've got the pointer. I realize I could just use my escape button but as I often don't have my keyboard in my lap ( I use this on the couch) it makes it a hassle. I switched back to Beta 3 and the functionality has returned. I hope this will be restored in the full release. Awesome program none-the-less.
I can't say I agree with your observations,(B4/win7/64) my mouse 7 buttons (logitech) works fine with all buttons including back. There seems to be some change in the window resizing area. I can no longer multi-task full screen on a second display without the dreaded minimization to bar.
(2014-04-20, 18:24)PatK Wrote: I can't say I agree with your observations,(B4/win7/64) my mouse 7 buttons (logitech) works fine with all buttons including back. There seems to be some change in the window resizing area. I can no longer multi-task full screen on a second display without the dreaded minimization to bar.

Regardless of whether you *agree* with my observations, the problem remains. I'm using windows 8.1 - perhaps that is the difference.
Might be, do you have special mouse configuration software or drivers? I guess there has been some changes if you find B3 works while B4 doesn't, let's see if the release candidate fixes this issue for us.
iirc nothing was done regarding mouse buttons
here are all changes
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/Got...tham_beta4
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-20, 18:24)PatK Wrote: I can no longer multi-task full screen on a second display without the dreaded minimization to bar.
Just to answer my own query, yes Gotham RC1 fixes this one for me... or sheepishly; perhaps I didn't notice a switch (more than likely) after the update, I checked this function on two screens (my monitor & TV with diff resolutions) and was disheartened after a launch of XBMC and a mouse click on the monitor desktop brought minimization to XBMC , a simple toggle of "-Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen", brought functionality to both XBMC and desktop. Update, you might get lucky...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta 4 Side Mouse Buttons no longer work0