Release Artwork Organizer Script v6.1.1 (updated 26-12-2020)
(2023-03-08, 12:40)nordicguy Wrote: Hi,

Is there a way to prevent the artwork organizer from deleting / overwriting existing files?
every time I run this addon, it deletes all the files and folders that are in the parent directory and starts from scratch.
so I have a centralized parent folder contains 2 subfolders: artwork subfolder (this one I use for artwork organizer) and background subfolder (this one has nothing to do with artwork organizer but I keep kodi backgrounds in it)
every time I run the addon, it deletes everything in the parent folder including the background subfolder that has nothing to do with the addon.
any advice?

nordicguy
Hi,

I'll have to look into this because I've not used it for a long time.
Image Image
I installed 6.1.1 on the Kodi Nexus 20.1 build, and noticed that Movie Posters weren't get exported, only the movie thumbnails from the video. I had some time last night to hack out the issue and fix it. I uploaded a forked version to GitHub: https://github.com/TechErudio/kodi-artwo...zer-tefork

@ronie Feel free to merge my code back into the main branch, but if you do, definitely look over it beforehand. I'm by no means a python expert, so there might be something I overlooked. Although, so far my tests have run just fine, so I don't foresee any issues.

Hopefully others will find this useful. Cheers!
-TechErudio
Sorry, I should have also tagged @redglory in my last post!
(2023-06-02, 20:48)techerudio Wrote: Sorry, I should have also tagged @redglory in my last post!
Hi, can you submit a push request ?

Thanks
Image Image

Is there a way to prevent the artwork organizer from deleting / overwriting existing files?
every time I run this addon, it deletes all the files and folders that are in the parent directory and starts from scratch.
so I have a centralized parent folder contains 2 subfolders: artwork subfolder (this one I use for artwork organizer) and background subfolder (this one has nothing to do with artwork organizer but I keep kodi backgrounds in it)
every time I run the addon, it deletes everything in the parent folder including the background subfolder that has nothing to do with the addon.
any advice?

nordicguy
Hi, what directory are you using as your artwork root ?

If your background directory is not inside this root artwork directory I don't understand how it is being deleted.

Thx
Image Image
Hi, sorry for the late response. I've been out of town for a bit.

I uploaded my changes to Git using the website. I'm sure it's probably pretty straight forward, but I've never actually done a push to Git before, and I don't see any way do to that on the website.
I'm assuming I just need to do that in the CLI with something like: git push 'redglory/script.artworkorganizer' 'main' ?

I've never been much of a collaborative coder, so I'm not sure of the exact syntax or steps to take using Git. I'm happy to make it happen if you don't mind providing a little guidance :-)

Thanks,
-TE
(2023-06-22, 21:58)techerudio Wrote: Hi, sorry for the late response. I've been out of town for a bit.

I uploaded my changes to Git using the website. I'm sure it's probably pretty straight forward, but I've never actually done a push to Git before, and I don't see any way do to that on the website.
I'm assuming I just need to do that in the CLI with something like: git push 'redglory/script.artworkorganizer' 'main' ?

I've never been much of a collaborative coder, so I'm not sure of the exact syntax or steps to take using Git. I'm happy to make it happen if you don't mind providing a little guidance :-)

Thanks,
-TE
Hi,

Best way is to fork my repo, make changes and make a pull request to be merged into my repo.

Thanks
Image Image
Thumbs Up 
Done 👍
I'm not sure if it will break on v19 or v18, but I had to change the python version to 3.0.0 in addons.xml to make the addon install in v20.1 (Nexus)
As mentioned here and here, this script needs a tiny fixup for future proofing.

python:

illegal_char = '^<>:"/\|?*'

contains an illegal escape sequence and will raise a SyntaxWarning as of Python 3.12:
Quote:A backslash-character pair that is not a valid escape sequence now generates a SyntaxWarning, instead of DeprecationWarning. For example, re.compile("\d+\.\d+") now emits a SyntaxWarning ("\d" is an invalid escape sequence, use raw strings for regular expression: re.compile(r"\d+\.\d+")). In a future Python version, SyntaxError will eventually be raised, instead of SyntaxWarning. (Contributed by Victor Stinner in gh-98401.)
This already affects installations on Linux distros shipping Python 3.12 or higher (Fedora 37+, Arch, SUSE Leap, likely others).

The fix is trivial and mentioned in the link above.
(2023-04-26, 12:02)redglory Wrote:

any advice?

nordicguy
Hi,

I'll have to look into this because I've not used it for a long time.
hi, thanks for consideration. I am using a dedicated folder (called artwork) for artwork related to kodi (not same folder for media artwork) in this folder i have 2 subfolders. one to keep kodi backgrounds (folder called backgrounds) and the other subfolder I'd like it to have the files from the addon (folder called artwork organizer) whenever I run the add on, it deletes everything in the parent folder called artwork, then starts downloading the artwork directly into it rathe than using the subfolder. in any case, I had to stop using this add-on because I didn't like that it has to delete and start from scratch every time

I failed to find a setting in the add-on to just download the artwork for new media or any other similar setting

regards,
nordicguy
(2023-06-07, 10:03)redglory Wrote:

any advice?

nordicguy
Hi, what directory are you using as your artwork root ?

If your background directory is not inside this root artwork directory I don't understand how it is being deleted.

Thx
Hi, sorry I just saw this reply now. I replied to you in another post. I also don't understand why this behaviour happens, but I tried many times and finally I was uncomfortable using it because I didn't like that it can delete stuff without "consent" so I disabled it. it is great add-on and I feel bad i wasn't able to benefit from it

regards,
nordicguy
Hi is this add-on still maintained. I cannot find the Git source. HAs anyone found solution to this issue of deleting and remaking the folders #57
What do you mean you can't find it... it's in the initial post and in the addon.xml:
https://github.com/redglory/script.artworkorganizer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Organizer Script v6.1.1 (updated 26-12-2020)0