• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
regarding the iRecommend, its just to long winded to find a recommend list, mainly using through context menu. I would love to use the feautre more so kindly request iReccomend to be put inside context menu. and if you can Sean set it up so when I press iReccomend from context menu, it just takes you to a list and you dont have to select anything.

lastly Sean I like that new feauture you added (on top left it shows you what current folder you are in) I had another idea. when we click on a super favourite it takes us to that addon (i.e I click eastenders of iplayer inside super favourites and it takes me to iPlayer)

I was thinking can you somehow change the little writing at top to say

Videos - Super Favourites - iPlayer

this indicates that two things, first I got to iPlayer through Super Favourites and secondly that clicking back I will get to Super Favourites. If not that then aybe

Videos - iPlayer - Super Favourites

then when I'm going back through links to find something I know whats linked to super favourites. what do you think Sean?
(2014-09-06, 11:06)MediaPi Wrote: regarding the iRecommend, its just to long winded to find a recommend list, mainly using through context menu.

Really? It's 2 more mouse clicks.

(2014-09-06, 11:06)MediaPi Wrote: lastly Sean I like that new feauture you added (on top left it shows you what current folder you are in) I had another idea. when we click on a super favourite it takes us to that addon (i.e I click eastenders of iplayer inside super favourites and it takes me to iPlayer)

this indicates that two things, first I got to iPlayer through Super Favourites and secondly that clicking back I will get to Super Favourites. If not that then aybe

then when I'm going back through links to find something I know whats linked to super favourites. what do you think Sean?

Can't be done I'm afraid, once your into another addon SF cannot set the info label required.
(2014-09-06, 16:37)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 11:06)MediaPi Wrote: regarding the iRecommend, its just to long winded to find a recommend list, mainly using through context menu.

Really? It's 2 more mouse clicks.

sorry I meant through context menu.
its 3+2+3=8 clicks away, to much for the feautre to be utilised through context menu (and especially slow on RPi)

99% of the time when you search a movie through IMDB site, its the top link.

so I was hoping you can put iRecommend on context menu and when users click that you can "tidy up" by having an option in add-on settings to auto pick the top link. hence just zero clicks away once you click iRecommend. its a shame otherwise since I don't think the feature would be used.

(2014-09-06, 16:37)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 11:06)MediaPi Wrote: lastly Sean I like that new feauture you added (on top left it shows you what current folder you are in) I had another idea. when we click on a super favourite it takes us to that addon (i.e I click eastenders of iplayer inside super favourites and it takes me to iPlayer)

Can't be done I'm afraid, once your into another addon SF cannot set the info label required.
I thought so as much, still your other feauture is a nice addition
Smile 
Cool Good Morning Spoyser,

I was wondering If your have had a chance to look at my request on page 13 - 190, 192, 194, 197, page 14 - 199 about having super favourites retrieve the favourites list from a remote location.

I understand that the addon could not write to the remote location, that is not a problem, in fact its perfect as my parents wouldn't be able to modify my list accidentally Smile

This really would be of infinite use to me. thank you very much Spoyser, And Great work,

regards

Simon
xbmc 13.1 android keeps crashing when i try to get back to home menu by pressing del a few times.

i had a look at the log but my untrained eye couldnt figure anything out.

any ideas whats going on?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=288149

ps. since im here is there any reason why this addon takes about 8 or 9 seconds to open from xbmc favourites (as seen in the log) but about 4 seconds if i open it from the video addons list?
(2014-09-07, 20:10)thebearnecessit Wrote: xbmc 13.1 android keeps crashing when i try to get back to home menu by pressing del a few times.

i had a look at the log but my untrained eye couldnt figure anything out.

any ideas whats going on?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=288149

ps. since im here is there any reason why this addon takes about 8 or 9 seconds to open from xbmc favourites (as seen in the log) but about 4 seconds if i open it from the video addons list?

Nothing helpful in the log, can you try with the latest release of Gotham.

The speed difference is odd, I can only assume it is something within xbmc itself causing the difference.
(2014-09-07, 11:38)myfototv Wrote: Cool Good Morning Spoyser,

I was wondering If your have had a chance to look at my request on page 13 - 190, 192, 194, 197, page 14 - 199 about having super favourites retrieve the favourites list from a remote location.

I understand that the addon could not write to the remote location, that is not a problem, in fact its perfect as my parents wouldn't be able to modify my list accidentally Smile

This really would be of infinite use to me. thank you very much Spoyser, And Great work,

regards

Simon

Not had chance yet.

But I was thinking I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've had a few requests for export/import of SF so what I was thinking was I could add an export to zip and import from zip feature.

Then I could add a feature that allows that zip file to be hosted remotely.

Would that work for you?
Hi spoyser,

That sounds like an excellent idea, could it be set to import automatically say once a week or once a month?

cheers spoyser

brilliant
Or even Just have an option on the Display Settings

Show New Super Folder Item
Show XBMC Favorites item
Show Seperator
Show Get Updated List <----------------------(Or Something Similar)

Excellent idea Spoyser, Cant Wait, Thousand Thankyou's
(2014-09-08, 11:07)myfototv Wrote: Or even Just have an option on the Display Settings

Show New Super Folder Item
Show XBMC Favorites item
Show Seperator
Show Get Updated List <----------------------(Or Something Similar)

Excellent idea Spoyser, Cant Wait, Thousand Thankyou's

I was think much the same but maybe via the settings dialog itself.
Im Looking forward to the new feature

Regards,

Simon
Dear Spoyser - fabulous!
The only advantage (and reason why I still do not override) of the built-in favourites handling - it can be stored to MySQL and is always usable from anywhere in my house. Maybe just a trick, could this be done with the super favourites, too? Then, XBMC/KODI should exchange the default by yours Smile
I've seen, MySQL was already asked for, the requests of myfototv could solve this, too - if multiple parallel read/write is supported (which I don't think)... but not as "smooth" Wink

Another very small proposal/might be seen as an issue by some users: if you select in skin settings, not to display the "+ Add source" icon - within super favourites, you can't add any source. Whereas from within xbmc sources (video, music, etc.), you can still add by selecting the context menu when the "link to upper directory" is activated) - maybe this could be solved the same way?

Kind regards & thank you - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
(2014-09-09, 00:32)myfototv Wrote: Im Looking forward to the new feature

Regards,

Simon

@myfototv

Simon,

I have now implemented the functionality, it is quite complex (with a lot to go wrong LOL) so can you beta test it for me?

It is currently available here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

Just overwrite (after backing up of course) your existing addon.

This will bump the version number to 1.0.18.1 (the next release will be 19 so this beta won't affect it).

You will see that in the advanced tab there is a couple of options for the import/export, export simply creates a local zip file containing your favourites (and optionally your settings).

Import will either prompt you for the local file location, or use the Remote file location (this should include the actual filename) if enabled.

During Import if a settings.xml is detected in the zip you will be asked if you want to overwrite your current settings.

One thing to note, the import will import to the currently set location, if this is changed by the setting.xml within the zip you will obviously not see the imported stuff Smile

Also the import adds to what is already there rather than replacing, I did this so (in theory) people could share setups (or partial setups). I could make this a toggle so either add to existing or replace existing, add to is obviously safer, I'll think about it.

Please let me know how you get on with it.
(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Dear Spoyser - fabulous!
The only advantage (and reason why I still do not override) of the built-in favourites handling - it can be stored to MySQL and is always usable from anywhere in my house. Maybe just a trick, could this be done with the super favourites, too? Then, XBMC/KODI should exchange the default by yours Smile
I've seen, MySQL was already asked for, the requests of myfototv could solve this, too - if multiple parallel read/write is supported (which I don't think)... but not as "smooth" Wink

I will look into the MySQL stuff, can't promise anything though as I don't have that sort of setup.

(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Another very small proposal/might be seen as an issue by some users: if you select in skin settings, not to display the "+ Add source" icon - within super favourites, you can't add any source. Whereas from within xbmc sources (video, music, etc.), you can still add by selecting the context menu when the "link to upper directory" is activated) - maybe this could be solved the same way?

Not entirely sure what you mean, are you saying you want the overridden menu to appear when you select the .. (link to upper directory)?
(2014-09-13, 09:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Dear Spoyser - fabulous!

I will look into the MySQL stuff, can't promise anything though as I don't have that sort of setup.
Dear Spoyser - thank you for caring!
I will try to investigate a bit on it and come back with a proposal - or an estimation, if this creates to much trouble or work.

(2014-09-13, 09:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Another very small proposal/might be seen as an issue by some users: if you select in skin settings, not to display the "+ Add source" icon - within super favourites, you can't add any source. Whereas from within xbmc sources (video, music, etc.), you can still add by selecting the context menu when the "link to upper directory" is activated) - maybe this could be solved the same way?

Not entirely sure what you mean, are you saying you want the overridden menu to appear when you select the .. (link to upper directory)?
Even a bit simpler: the context menu for the .. (upper dir) entry should simply contain the entry ¨add source¨ - currently there´s no context menu at all for ¨..¨
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6