• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2014-09-13, 09:36)Christoph21x Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 09:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Dear Spoyser - fabulous!
The only advantage (and reason why I still do not override) of the built-in favourites handling - it can be stored to MySQL and is always usable from anywhere in my house. Maybe just a trick, could this be done with the super favourites, too? Then, XBMC/KODI should exchange the default by yours Smile
I've seen, MySQL was already asked for, the requests of myfototv could solve this, too - if multiple parallel read/write is supported (which I don't think)... but not as "smooth" Wink

I will look into the MySQL stuff, can't promise anything though as I don't have that sort of setup.
Dear Spoyser - thank you for caring!
I will try to investigate a bit on it and come back with a proposal - or an estimation, if this creates to much trouble or work.

(2014-09-13, 09:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 07:24)Christoph21x Wrote: Another very small proposal/might be seen as an issue by some users: if you select in skin settings, not to display the "+ Add source" icon - within super favourites, you can't add any source. Whereas from within xbmc sources (video, music, etc.), you can still add by selecting the context menu when the "link to upper directory" is activated) - maybe this could be solved the same way?

Kind regards & thank you - Chris

Not entirely sure what you mean, are you saying you want the overridden menu to appear when you select the .. (link to upper directory)?
Even a bit simpler: the context menu for the .. (upper dir) entry should simply contain the entry ¨add source¨ - currently there´s no context menu at all for ¨..¨

Can you confirm what version of SF you are running? The org version (1.0.8) is a bit out dated now and a more up to date version (1.0.18) can be obtained form my repo:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

I think this already behaves correctly in the situation you describe.

I will be submitting the next release (1.0.19) release to the org but that won't be for a week or two.
For all these various questions, its why I also asked earlier about writing to an SMB share (because I didnt ask about MySQL, but it would have the same effect). Is writing to an SMB share already part of this new version now?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2014-09-13, 11:14)jmh2002 Wrote: For all these various questions, its why I also asked about writing to and SMB share (because I didnt ask about MySQL, but it would have the same effect). Is writing to an SMB share already part of this new version now?

No but I will investigate
(2014-09-13, 09:36)Christoph21x Wrote: I will try to investigate a bit on it and come back with a proposal - or an estimation, if this creates to much trouble or work.
At first glance: it will probably create too much work, all settings and information is stored in xml format. In order to have the ability to use it in both ways, local & without SQL database, or with a MySQL installation, the easiest way would have been, if the information would have been stored in SQlight DB files - which very easily (and with the means of XBMC) could have been stored within MySQL.
A pitty, but honest Smile
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
(2014-09-13, 11:15)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 11:14)jmh2002 Wrote: For all these various questions, its why I also asked about writing to and SMB share (because I didnt ask about MySQL, but it would have the same effect). Is writing to an SMB share already part of this new version now?

No but I will investigate

Ok thanks Smile this might be easier than MySQL, if SF can simply read and write to a central network file? Also this could work for non MySQL users too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
A few question about iSearch:

1. Can you please explain how to add new custom search sources? I tried adding a favourite to the /search folder, and also tried messing around with the xml manually but with no luck. I saw the plugin uses [%SF%] as a place holder for the search query, but wasn't really sure how to get the search url itself. It would be very nice and extremely useful if we could simply just bring up the content menu for any search item in any plugin and then choose "Add to iSearch" (just like when doing add to super favourites).

2. Is it possible to sort the search sources in groups/folders? I tried creating folders in the search folder but that didn't work. This would also be a very nice feature.
(2014-09-14, 05:09)SportySpice Wrote: A few question about iSearch:

1. Can you please explain how to add new custom search sources? I tried adding a favourite to the /search folder, and also tried messing around with the xml manually but with no luck. I saw the plugin uses [%SF%] as a place holder for the search query, but wasn't really sure how to get the search url itself. It would be very nice and extremely useful if we could simply just bring up the content menu for any search item in any plugin and then choose "Add to iSearch" (just like when doing add to super favourites).

Unfortunately not, the iSeach feature relies on the addon in question exposing a method of invoking it's search feature with a prepopulated keyword. Many addon do not provide this, and those that do can do it in a variety of ways depending on how the developer coded the addon. There is no standard way that it is done. Really the only way is to manually look at the source code of the addon and see if you can work it out, or contact the developer and ask.

I'm happy to have a look too, either post here or PM me the addon(s) you are interested in and I'll take a look.

(2014-09-14, 05:09)SportySpice Wrote: 2. Is it possible to sort the search sources in groups/folders? I tried creating folders in the search folder but that didn't work. This would also be a very nice feature.

The whole search thing does need re-visiting, at the moment it is just a flat list, but I'm going to look into it soon (although I'm away for a week so it wont be before then)
Great Add-On !

I am too in favor of a way to access the XML dir via FTP, even if it would be read only ? I could add to my list on my side, and have for example family members lists reflect the same changes. Infact it would be nice to lock it from being edited as I had a few family members mess up their custom menus.

Here is my question, I am trying to create a regular XBMC fav from a Super Fav Folder, but is there any way to have the path= be relative currently only absoulte paths seem to work.

the following is an example of the only way I have gotten it to work so far

<favourite name="Apps" thumb="special://home/icons/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=C%3A%5CGOTHAM%5Cportable_data%5Cuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CApps&quotWink</favourite>

the decoded string reads

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=C:\GOTHAM\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps"

i have tried using "special://" and "special%3A%2F%2F" in the "path=" but it has not worked

is this possible ? any tips of suggestions would be great.

Great Add-On long overdue
(2014-09-14, 19:24)watermouf Wrote: Great Add-On !

here is my other question, i am trying to create a regular XBMC fav, but is there any way to have the path= be relative currently this is the only example that works

<favourite name="Apps" thumb="special://home/icons/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=C%3A%5CGOTHAM%5Cportable_data%5Cuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CApps&quotWink</favourite>

the decoded string reads

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=C:\GOTHAM\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps"

i have tried using "special://" and "special%3A%2F%2F" in the "path=" but it has not worked

is this possible ? any tips of suggestions would be great.

Great Add-On long overdue

What do you want the regular fave to do?

Have you tried the 'Add to Kodi Favourites' option in the context menu? If so what happened.

Also what version of SF are you running?
I have the regular fav mapped on my home screen, so in short. I am trying to get a super fav/folder called "Apps" pulled up when you click on "Apps" on the home screen.

I export the settings to raspberry pis, and various platforms so the path where super favourites resides is diff in all of them

unless special:// can be used in the path as mentioned before

I just upgraded to the latest version, 1.0.18 and installed ur repo, after skimming ur thread.

but it would be very handy if the path could be

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=http://www.mydomain.com\Super Favourites\Apps"

or

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=special://home/userdata/addon_data\plugin.superfavourites\Super Favourites\Apps"

I read somewhere, but cant find the documentation/URL now (assume you wrote it, at some point) Something like this should work to pull up a a specific super fav folder but without the path= nothing happens

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps")
(2014-09-14, 19:36)watermouf Wrote: I have the regular fav mapped on my home screen, so in short. I am trying to get a super fav/folder called "Apps" pulled up when you click on "Apps" on the home screen.

I export the settings to raspberry pis, and various platforms so the path where super favourites resides is diff in all of them

unless special:// can be used in the path as mentioned before

I just upgraded to the latest version, 1.0.18 and installed ur repo, after skimming ur thread.

but it would be very handy if the path could be

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=http://www.mydomain.com\Super Favourites\Apps"

or

"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&amp;mode=400&amp;path=special://home/userdata/addon_data\plugin.superfavourites\Super Favourites\Apps"

I read somewhere, but cant find the documentation/URL now (assume you wrote it, at some point) Something like this should work to pull up a a specific super fav folder but without the path= nothing happens

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps")

Right I see what you mean, you need;

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Apps&folder=Apps")

But I will add the auto conversion to the special syntax in the next version too (it already does it for thumbnails etc)

What is weird is that I thought I posted this tip, but I can't for the life of me find it now Sad
Also keep in mind, My Apps Folder/SF also has a subfolder or two

i.e. youtube with its own SuperFav list

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Youtube&folder=Apps/YouTube"

here are some more sub folder examples i have in super fav

plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps\YouTube Channels
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps\Education
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\NFL
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\NBA
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\MLB

Thanks for quick reply, keep up good work!

EDIT: Then again if the paths were relative, I could have MLB in root of SF instead of being sub folder, and just add a SF string linking to MLB in the Sports/Favourite.xml file.
found the tip u posted

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...favourites

I could not get this to work

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?folder=CustomSuperFavourite1")

EDIT: Maybe its has to do with the new version I upgraded too.... but I was just able to get it to work, okay now to change all the paths!
(2014-09-14, 20:57)watermouf Wrote: found the tip u posted

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...favourites

I could not get this to work

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?folder=CustomSuperFavourite1")

Yep don't worry about that one, that is tied in with the functionality in the chooser.py which is a script for setting up skin properties.

Basically it is a bit like Ronie's script.favourites script but for SF rather than Kodi favourites.

If you look in the SF addon folder you'll see readme file, there is more about it in there.

I haven't really promoted it yet!
(2014-09-14, 20:24)watermouf Wrote: Also keep in mind, My Apps Folder/SF also has a subfolder or two

i.e. youtube with its own SuperFav list

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Youtube&folder=Apps/YouTube"

here are some more sub folder examples i have in super fav

plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps\YouTube Channels
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Apps\Education
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\NFL
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\NBA
plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites\Sports\MLB

Thanks for quick reply, keep up good work!

EDIT: Then again if the paths were relative, I could have MLB in root of SF instead of being sub folder, and just add a SF string linking to MLB in the Sports/Favourite.xml file.

I assume you got them all working using the folder option?

Not entirely sure what you meant in the last EDIT, can you explain it differently?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6