• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Well I think keyboard first - or just the page where you go when you enter super search in SuperFavourites.
I have a problem making use of a smart playlist favourite within super favourites, every time when I press backspace to go back to the previous menu, I go to the xbmc library, I have to press another time backspace to go back to the previous menu.
Since today I see this problem, perhaps it's related to an update?
pre-populated is all i need.
I've just pushed a new version 1.0.6 (only available from my repo at the moment), this will allow Super Search to be triggered using the following methods:

With no keyword - this will bring up keyboard first
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=25")')

With keyword - this will bring up pre-populated list
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=0&keyword=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(keyword))

My repo is available here:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip
(2014-06-02, 15:54)hstegeman Wrote: I have a problem making use of a smart playlist favourite within super favourites, every time when I press backspace to go back to the previous menu, I go to the xbmc library, I have to press another time backspace to go back to the previous menu.
Since today I see this problem, perhaps it's related to an update?

This is most likely to do with which menu you started Super Favourites from (ie Video, Music or Programs), if it wasn't started from the Music menu you will probably have to do the "double backspace".

This is because if XBMC doesn't currently have the correct window open when you trigger the favourite it first has to change to that window, this is what cause the extra backspace being needed. You will see similar behaviour from the XBMC favourites menu (in fact it is worse from there)

(2014-05-22, 02:50)servo386 Wrote: Absolutely loving your addon, but I have a strange request:

please make it so you can have "Explore XBMC Favorites" option show up ONLY in the root SuperFolders directory (if you choose) AND the ability to put a thumbnail to this option.

If that is at all possible, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have added a setting to only show the Favourites option in the root of Super Favourites, I haven't done the thumbnail yet but it is on my list!

(2014-05-26, 21:06)tromy Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 20:32)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 20:25)tromy Wrote: Hello spoyser,
In my set up I encounter an issue.I can add a file in super favorites but if it's name is in Greek language(mostly addons I use) I can't see it.It can be played but the big problem is that if I add e.g. 10 files I don't know who is who.

Thanks for the great addon and keep up the great work!

Can u add one of them to the normal xbmc favourites and then upload the favourites.xml to a pastebin site.

The file is located in the xbmc/user_data folder
The specific addon doesn't have the option to add to xbmc favourites,so I use the context override menu and add it to super addon
The only way I found to add it to xbmc favorites is to create an m3u file inside xbmc: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg0m4ug9akly3f...urites.xml

I have re-written the logic for handling foreign characters so hopefully it will work for you now (version 1.0.6), can you check and let me know.

Latest Version of Super Favourites is only available from my Repo at the moment which can be downloaded from here:

Quote:I have re-written the logic for handling foreign characters so hopefully it will work for you now (version 1.0.6), can you check and let me know.

Latest Version of Super Favourites is only available from my Repo at the moment which can be downloaded from here:

Yes, spoyser, latest version works great with greek characters!and if it works with greek I bet it works with any characters!Laugh

Thank you for your efforts and the work you have done so far.
(2014-06-02, 18:09)spoyser Wrote: I've just pushed a new version 1.0.6 (only available from my repo at the moment), this will allow Super Search to be triggered using the following methods:

With no keyword - this will bring up keyboard first
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=25")')

With keyword - this will bring up pre-populated list
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=0&keyword=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(keyword))

My repo is available here:

I apologize for not trying first... time is limited.
Can you tell me if using
Code:

returns a list, or places query into a super fav folder?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-06-02, 21:51)Lunatixz Wrote: I apologize for not trying first... time is limited.
Can you tell me if using
Code:

Opens it in a Super Fav folder.

Why what you thinking?

edit
Code:
localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=0%26keyword=jaws"}, "id":1}

Will give the response in JSON
(2014-06-02, 21:55)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 21:51)Lunatixz Wrote: I apologize for not trying first... time is limited.
Can you tell me if using
Code:

Opens it in a Super Fav folder.

Why what you thinking?

edit
Code:
localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=0%26keyword=jaws"}, "id":1}

Will give the response in JSON

It's an awesome feature, I want to add an option in pseudotv live for it.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-06-02, 18:09)spoyser Wrote: I've just pushed a new version 1.0.6 (only available from my repo at the moment), this will allow Super Search to be triggered using the following methods:

Great! That's what I wanted Smile

If you can also make the 'Password protect' Laugh
(2014-06-03, 11:38)kaosnews Wrote: If you can also make the 'Password protect' Laugh

Just putting the finishing touches to it, will be ready in a few days.
Spoyser not sure if you got my message but did you have a think about adding "rules" to super search (in settings) so for example a rule to ignore any numbers or non alphabetic characters? some addons are picky about numbers. Thanks
Just discovered your addon last week and I'm just beginning to play around with it. VERY cool. I think it has the potential to change how we all use XBMC. Very nice.

Two questions:
1. Would it be possible to add an option in the settings to remove (or not display) the two folders "Create New Super Folder" and "Explore XBMC favorites" from the folders created in Super Favorites if the user so desires. Both options are available in the context menu within each folder created, so displaying them on screen kinda' clutters things up. I created a folder containing my wife's stuff, but with the 2 Super Favs. folders in the menu (I use thumbnail view folders) her stuff is pushed down to the second row. Not the presentation I was hoping for.

2. When adding a smart playlist the only option available is to open the window. It would be nice to have the option to play the smart playlist instead of opening a window. I played around with the user data XML for the folder I created and can get the smart playlist to play by changing the "ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/..." to "PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/..." and it works fine. (Very cool, by the way, I'm gonna' have to play around with that) It would just be nice to have the addon do the work instead of the user (I imagine others may have trouble).

That's all. Like this addon alot. It has many possibilities.
(2014-06-05, 20:51)blasty Wrote: Just discovered your addon last week and I'm just beginning to play around with it. VERY cool. I think it has the potential to change how we all use XBMC. Very nice.

Two questions:
1. Would it be possible to add an option in the settings to remove (or not display) the two folders "Create New Super Folder" and "Explore XBMC favorites" from the folders created in Super Favorites if the user so desires. Both options are available in the context menu within each folder created, so displaying them on screen kinda' clutters things up. I created a folder containing my wife's stuff, but with the 2 Super Favs. folders in the menu (I use thumbnail view folders) her stuff is pushed down to the second row. Not the presentation I was hoping for.

2. When adding a smart playlist the only option available is to open the window. It would be nice to have the option to play the smart playlist instead of opening a window. I played around with the user data XML for the folder I created and can get the smart playlist to play by changing the "ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/..." to "PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/..." and it works fine. (Very cool, by the way, I'm gonna' have to play around with that) It would just be nice to have the addon do the work instead of the user (I imagine others may have trouble).

That's all. Like this addon alot. It has many possibilities.

Many thanks for the comments, and glad you like the addon.

The points you mention in 1. These are already configurable via the settings, you can remove the separator too, which is a bit pointless in thumbnail view.

Point 2, I will have a look and see what I can do to automate it, shouldn't be too difficult.
Yeah, duh, just looked at the settings menu again and saw the answer to my question #1, then came here to apologize. Sorry. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

As far as #2, I didn't think it would be difficult. Automating it would make it easy for everybody.

Thanks again.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6