• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2014-06-10, 08:58)kaosnews Wrote: I'm not really a programmer Smile so if you can do this that would be great!

No problem, I'll let you know when I've done it.
If there will be a new version in the feature - is the super_favourites_menu.xml going to be updated/overwritten? I ask this because I removed the mouse section (I had a problem with a remote). If this file is going to be updated - the remote is not going to work again (rightclick = back in my mouse.xml)

The \resources\Search\favourites.xml is smaller then other older versions (only Global search, youtube and iPlayer), think it's a small bug?

And the last question Smile How can I add the Filemanger to Super Favourites. This doesn't work:

<favourite name="Filemanager" thumb="">ActivateWindow(3)</favourite>
I did make a huge xbmc library in the last weeks. To gain more access I would like to make a submenu with my favourite actors, to get the available movies from my xbmc library. I know it's possible to explore through all actors available in my xbmc library.
But to explore through 25000 actors is just to much.

Request::
To get information from a movie, I just press i on a selected movie.
From this menu I can access the actors menu, but when I press c on an actor, I don't see a content menu. It would be nice if it was possible to save the actor movie menu as a favourite.
(2014-06-13, 09:51)kaosnews Wrote: If there will be a new version in the feature - is the super_favourites_menu.xml going to be updated/overwritten? I ask this because I removed the mouse section (I had a problem with a remote). If this file is going to be updated - the remote is not going to work again (rightclick = back in my mouse.xml)

The \resources\Search\favourites.xml is smaller then other older versions (only Global search, youtube and iPlayer), think it's a small bug?

If right-click is back what do you do to get the context menu?

The search favourites.xml is smaller because it is org friendly.

It doesn't overwrite the search file when it updates so if you install 1.0.7 from my repo you will be okay (1.0.8 is functionally the same as 1.0.7)

For the file manager window I've now changed the code to allow what you entered, but for now use this:

Code:
<favourite name="Filemanager">ActivateWindow(3, &quot;&quot;)</favourite>
(2014-06-13, 12:41)hstegeman Wrote: I did make a huge xbmc library in the last weeks. To gain more access I would like to make a submenu with my favourite actors, to get the available movies from my xbmc library. I know it's possible to explore through all actors available in my xbmc library.
But to explore through 25000 actors is just to much.

Request::
To get information from a movie, I just press i on a selected movie.
From this menu I can access the actors menu, but when I press c on an actor, I don't see a content menu. It would be nice if it was possible to save the actor movie menu as a favourite.

I guess that is really a limitation of XBMC itself.

I'll see if I can think of a way of neatly extending the Super Search feature to do it.

It's a shame Ronie's Global Search doesn't already do it (since Super Favourites already supports that), maybe you could could make a feature request to Ronie too?
(2014-06-13, 09:51)kaosnews Wrote: And the last question Smile How can I add the Filemanger to Super Favourites. This doesn't work:

<favourite name="Filemanager" thumb="">ActivateWindow(3)</favourite>

I've now changed the code to allow what you entered, but for now use this:

Code:
(2014-06-13, 19:30)spoyser Wrote: If right-click is back what do you do to get the contex menu?

It's only for the mouse. So I only removed the mouse section. For keyboard and other remotes the context menu is ok. Hope you understand. I don't want you to remove it completely from the addon. I was only wondering is if I removed the mouse section from super_favourites_menu.xml

Code:
<mouse>
            <rightclick>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</rightclick>
        </mouse>

and there is a new update (1.09) - will this file be overwritten?
(2014-06-14, 10:03)spoyser Wrote:
Code:

Nice!
(2014-06-14, 10:43)kaosnews Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 19:30)spoyser Wrote: If right-click is back what do you do to get the contex menu?

It's only for the mouse. So I only removed the mouse section. For keyboard and other remotes the context menu is ok. Hope you understand. I don't want you to remove it completely from the addon. I was only wondering is if I removed the mouse section from super_favourites_menu.xml

<mouse>
<rightclick>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</rightclick>
</mouse>

and there is a new update (1.09) - will this file be overwritten?

It will be overwritten only if you switch the feature on or off in the addon settings.

How at the moment do you get the context menu to appear if right-click is mapped to back?

Don't forget you can also switch off the menu override functionality and then it will behave as normal.

(2014-06-14, 10:56)kaosnews Wrote:
(2014-06-14, 10:03)spoyser Wrote:
Code:

Nice!

Thanks Smile

Actually this is quite cool, as you can use it to open any window, such as the weather, etc

The full list is here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

Although some will have weird effects being activated from SF

I might have to add this as a feature!
(2014-06-14, 10:59)spoyser Wrote: How at the moment do you get the context menu to appear if right-click is mapped to back?

I don't use a mouse Smile (Rpi, Android and HTPC boxes) - I use a keyboard. But it's no problem - I will switch this option off if everything is finished.

I use your add-on to create a really easy experience. So instead to have a bunch of add-on's where you may or may not find what they are looking for - now they are presented with only the selections from a few add-on's (bare minimal) to find a movie, tv-series etc. Without your add-on this would not be possible. So my mother, grandmother can use it Smile

(2014-06-14, 10:59)spoyser Wrote: Actually this is quite cool, as you can use it to open any window, such as the weather, etc

The full list is here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

Although some will have weird effects being activated from SF

I might have to add this as a feature!

This is also part of my easy-peasy XBMC Wink - so move these things to different super favourites. I have a 'More' folder where I also put this filemanager and a weather option on the front page (custom skin) which opens the weather. It now works Smile
(2014-06-14, 11:12)kaosnews Wrote: I don't use a mouse Smile (Rpi, Android and HTPC boxes) - I use a keyboard. But it's no problem - I will switch this option off if everything is finished.

So why do you care what the mouse section is?
(2014-06-10, 08:24)kaosnews Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 07:51)spoyser Wrote: Have you tried $INFO[listitem.label]

Thanks for your answer and yes I tried $INFO[ListItem.Label]. But that shows the selected folder. I really want to show the parent folder (hope you understand), but I think that's impossible.
So if I'm in the folder Videos it needs to show videos. With $INFO[ListItem.Label] it shows the selected folder in Videos (kids, war, fantasy)

Maybe something like this

<value condition="Window.IsActive(.......)">Videos</value>

The ...... is the super favourite folder?

Okay, this is now available in 1.0.8.1 (only in my repo), you need to use this to get the folder string

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Super_Favourites_Folder)]

eg

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Super_Favourites_Folder)]</label>

If you can confirm whether it works as you want, that would be great,

The first folder (ie the root folder when you first start the addon), currently doesn't have this property set, do you think it should, if so what to?

edit:
Just hacked my confluence skin and can confirm that it does work.
(2014-06-14, 22:14)spoyser Wrote: Okay, this is now available in 1.0.8.1 (only in my repo), you need to use this to get the folder string

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Property(Super_Favourites_Folder)]

eg

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Super_Favourites_Folder)]</label>

If you can confirm whether it works as you want, that would be great,

The first folder (ie the root folder when you first start the addon), currently doesn't have this property set, do you think it should, if so what to?

edit:
Just hacked my confluence skin and can confirm that it does work.

YES!!!! Excellent - this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks (I'm so happy!)

(2014-06-14, 17:37)spoyser Wrote: So why do you care what the mouse section is?

Because the remote/flymouse uses the mouse section for some keys. But the problem is fixed - I just disable it Smile

I will send you a 'biscuit' later in the week Wink
(2014-06-13, 12:41)hstegeman Wrote: To get information from a movie, I just press i on a selected movie.

Funny enough I came on to ask something similar to this (or it might be this). Spoyser in confluence if you bring up information over say a movie. then go to cast. if I now try to use your context menu I believe it is open but in the background. I think the information panel is like a different window, ontop of other windows. well not sure but I wanted to know if its possible to be able to use super search on the cast that comes on when you press info
(2014-06-09, 19:18)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 14:01)schumi2004 Wrote: Yes enabling overide works to add to SF.
Most skins allow you to mod main menu like Aeon MQ5, Aeon Nox etc. When using such skin I can't select from SF but only from original Favourites to add to main menu as button/widget.

Does the skin not allow you to add links to an addon? If so that is what you need to do.
It mostly allows me to add favourites only. I expected it to re-use Super Favourites since you can add them to it but not re-use them like expected.

I'll have a play with it, thanks so far.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6