• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Super Favourites has evolved rather a lot since I first released it nearly 2 years ago and 70+ iterations, and I think it is finally time to update this post accordingly.

Ever thought, wouldn't it be cool if all the best bits of KODI, just the bits that you personally (or your family) use, were all in one easy to use Super-Addon?

Well, now you can, with Super Favourites (SF).

In a nutshell Super Favourites allows you to create you own custom Super-Addon with all the best bits of all your favourite addons, along with the bits of Kodi that you use the most. In it's simplest use case Super Favourites, acts very similar to the standard Kodi favourites in that you add items to it (in a couple of ways, see later), and can then view them in one easy to use list.

However, whereas Kodi favourites is simply a flat list of items, Super Favourites allows a hierarchical structure, of "Super Folders" into which you can add items, e.g. you could have a folder called Cartoons containing cartoon adons, another called The Wife in which you put items that the wife used most often, another called live TV Streams, etc etc the possibilities are endless.

Search your favourite addons, play your favourite music, read your favourite comic strips, select your favourite playlists, browse your favourite movies, listen to your favourite radio stations, watch your favourite cartoons, the possibilities are endless, all from within one Super-Addon.

The Basics
Adding Items to Super Favourites

Method 1 - Adding via Kodi Favourites
Add what you want from an any addon (or built in Kodi feature) to Kodi favourites, e.g. say from the YouTube addon you just want Search and the Sports Category, just add these to Kodi favourites the normal way via the context menu.

Next start up Super Favourites (you can configure Super Favourites to be started via a hotkey - see SF General Settings).

Initially you will get a list containing a number of items (these can be hidden via the settings should you wish to make the list neater)

Click the New Super Folder and create a folder called YouTube

Then click on the Explore Kodi favourites option.

You will see the 2 favourites you previously added (plus any other favourites already in there).

Now open the context menu on the Search item and select Edit Favourite, followed by Copy Favourite, you will be presented with a folder browse dialog (titled Choose Super Folder to copy favourite to), select the Folder called Super Favourites, followed by the folder that you just created called YouTube, okay this.

Repeat this for the Sports Category item; you have now copied both items from your Kodi favourites to the Super Folder called YouTube, so hit back and then select the YouTube
Super Folder, there you will find your 2 favourites.

Method 2 - Adding via the Global Super Favourites Menu - IMHO The best way of adding to SF
In SF settings there is a page called Global Menu - from here you can enable the global Super Favourites menu - when enabled the SF menu will appear anywhere in Kodi when you click the standard menu button (rather than the standard Kodi context menu - to see the standard menu you can either then select the Standard Context menu item or simply click the menu button a second time).

The SF global menu will then present a number of items (configurable from the SF settings). Select the Add to Super Favourites option, you will then be presented with the folder dialog again as in method 1.

Method 3 - Copying items from one Super Folder to another
Whilst in Super Favourites select an item and open the context menu.
Select Copy Super Favourite or Copy Super Folder (if it is a folder) - this will copy the item to the SF clipboard.
Browse to another Super Folder, open the context menu, select Paste.
In the case of a Super Folder you will then be presented with a choice of either linking to the original folder or copying the complete folder.
Linking will simply create a Super Favourite item that links to the original Super Folder.
Copying will create a completely new Super Folder exactly the same as the original but in the new location.

Advanced Usage
Fanart
Unlike Kodi favourites Super Favourites can also have fanart associated with them.
To add fanart from an item in Super Favourites, select Edit Favourite (or Edit Folder) from context menu then select Choose fanart, then browse to the image you want as the fanart.
Changing or Removing fanart is also achieved from the same menu.

Item thumbnails can be changed in exactly the same way.

Fanart and Thumbnails are automatically added to items when Method 2 (above) is used to add items to SF.

Item Descriptions
Favourites and Folders can also have a description added to them (via the Edit Favourite menu) which will appear in certain view types.
For the best results, in SF Display settings change the View Content Type to be Movies, then in SF set the view type to be a view that would normally show plot information (eg Media Info 3 or InfoWall).

Descriptions are automatically added to items when Method 2 (above) is used to add items to SF.

Remember Current View Type
Whilst viewing SF the Kodi side bar can be used to cycle through a number of view types (those available will depend upon what menu SF was originally launched from, and also depend upon what you have set the View Content Type to in the settings. When you find one you like and would like SF to always use open the context menu and select Remember current view type.

More to come

How about a Super Favourite folder each for all family members (password protected if necessary), you got it!

You can also add playlists (configurable to play automatically via settings), links to your library, full addons, repos, Recently Played, Top 100, you name it, Super Favourites can do it, and if it can’t the let me know and I see if I can add it!

You can also choose icons/images for all the individual items in your Super-Addon, and also move then up and down to better arrange them, just select Edit Item from the context menu.

Sub-folders can be individually password protected, the amount of time to remain unlock is also configurable in the settings.

Super Favourites is available in the official KODI repo under programs,

Please post any comments, bugs, criticisms, and especially feature suggestions.

Also very useful for those skins that don't support favourites particularly well.

Coming soon…
Import profiles into Super Favourites
Thanks spoyser!!

This had been a missing feature for me from when I cut the cord and only used xbmc. I had thought it couldn't be done, and never would. I'll look out for the upcoming features(thumbnails).
I just started using the Super Favorites a couple days ago. I like this lots, but I have one complaint of something not working properly and I believe this happens in the main Favorites as well. Filmon channels... they work in the Super Favorites for about 24 hours... then all of a sudden they just won't connect to the streams any more. Now this don't happen to all of Filmon Channels... almost all channels stop working except for the Local Channels section , they for some reason still work. Please, is there any way to fix this? I would be one happy person if you could. Thanks, Don

Oh... I just remembered another issue... but please my last post first Smile

The Mashup Channels, they all connect for a second, then all disconnect. Strange that most all Filmon Channels connect and stop all around the same time right around 24 hours of working them stop working.

Cheers, Don
A sperator "bug" or an additional "feature" Wink ? http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3602/...a9_png.htm

It appears on every folder also - even if 'XBMC Favorites' shortcut is disabled. Tried a few settings here and there. It never disappears anywhere
I also tried to delete the picture for this kind of seperator. First purpose was to replace the super favorites icon to match it more like the Xperience1080 (++ Theme). I'm using the latest Frodo version for windows.

Anyway. Thanks for this great addition to XBMC. It became easily on of the most helpful and handy addons in a short period of time.
Looking forward for "Choose thumbnails for favourites and folder" Actually I'm using it to organize streams of TV Shows. And have no problem with it
(2014-04-24, 08:34)Isegrim Wrote: A sperator "bug" or an additional "feature" Wink ? http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3602/...a9_png.htm

It appears on every folder also - even if 'XBMC Favorites' shortcut is disabled. Tried a few settings here and there. It never disappears anywhere
I also tried to delete the picture for this kind of seperator. First purpose was to replace the super favorites icon to match it more like the Xperience1080 (++ Theme). I'm using the latest Frodo version for windows.

Anyway. Thanks for this great addition to XBMC. It became easily on of the most helpful and handy addons in a short period of time.
Looking forward for "Choose thumbnails for favourites and folder" Actually I'm using it to organize streams of TV Shows. And have no problem with it

Glad you like it!

The separator is indeed a feature, it is displayed to separate the different groups of items in SF

Ie

New Super Folder
--Separator
XBMC Favourites
--Separator
Super Folders
--Separator
Super favourites

I will make it optional in the next version Smile
No response to my post? I have spent many many hours trying & hoping to add all channels to be together, I thought this might be the solution.
(2014-04-24, 15:26)dillonkmh Wrote: No response to my post? I have spent many many hours trying & hoping to add all channels to be together, I thought this might be the solution.

Probably best to point your query at the original addon since that is where the fault will lie.
I am having some problems. All was going great, I have set up my folder structure and have added many favorites to it, then all of a sudden script error.

I get a script error whenever I try and add one of my super favorites folders to XBMC favorites.
I also get a script error if I click on XBMC favorites within the super favorites addon, making it impossible for me to add any more XBMC favorites to my super favorites folder.

I can add new super favorites folders, but of course I can add nothing to them as I cant access the XBMC favorites without a script error.

I can add the super favorites addon to my XBMC favorites meaning that I can at least access my super favorites folders that way, but I cant add the folders as a top level favorite in XBMC.

Any Ideas, can I provide any more info, log files etc?

Apart from this issue, great addon. I would really like to get this working as I have spent hours creating my folder structure and only had a few more favorites to add lol

I have tried uninstalling the addon and reinstalling but I still get the script error.

Many thanks in advance
(2014-04-25, 08:22)Swindiff Wrote: I am having some problems. All was going great, I have set up my folder structure and have added many favorites to it, then all of a sudden script error.

I get a script error whenever I try and add one of my super favorites folders to XBMC favorites.
I also get a script error if I click on XBMC favorites within the super favorites addon, making it impossible for me to add any more XBMC favorites to my super favorites folder.

I can add new super favorites folders, but of course I can add nothing to them as I cant access the XBMC favorites without a script error.

I can add the super favorites addon to my XBMC favorites meaning that I can at least access my super favorites folders that way, but I cant add the folders as a top level favorite in XBMC.

Any Ideas, can I provide any more info, log files etc?

Apart from this issue, great addon. I would really like to get this working as I have spent hours creating my folder structure and only had a few more favorites to add lol

I have tried uninstalling the addon and reinstalling but I still get the script error.

Many thanks in advance

Sounds like one of your xbmc favourites may have a dodgy character in it preventing it from being parsed correctly.

Do any of your current Xbmc favourites contain quotation marks, that will cause issues (the fix for that will be in the next release), at the moment you can just rename them from the standard XBMC favourites menu.

Would you be in a position to upload your Xbmc favourites.xml somehow?

Failing that you could remove the favourites from your XBMC favourites one at a time until it works again, and then let me know which was causing the issue so I can put in a permanent fix for it.
Thanks for quick reply spoyser. No quotation marks just letter and numbers. One of my favourites did have a / in it which never displayed could that be the issue. I could try removing that one and see if it works, can't try til this evening though.
Cheers
(2014-04-25, 11:29)Swindiff Wrote: Thanks for quick reply spoyser. No quotation marks just letter and numbers. One of my favourites did have a / in it which never displayed could that be the issue. I could try removing that one and see if it works, can't try til this evening though.
Cheers

That will almost certainly be the problem!

Just rename it via the Xbmc favourites menu and let me know how it goes.
That sorted it mate. Cheers
(2014-04-25, 18:25)Swindiff Wrote: That sorted it mate. Cheers

Thanks for confirming.

Will fix in next release.
Great addon mate, Ideal for my technophobe family members lol
This is a great addon, with so much stuff in the favorite folder it could get very disorganized
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6