• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Deleted.. posted in the wrong forum.
I guess the answer to one question, may well answer the other.
1) Can I backup all my setting, folders etc. So I can move to another setup, or just in case of disaster. If so where is the location of the files ?
2) Instead of making folders and their contents using XBMC directly, can I make the scripts etc on a computer and the upload them to XMBC
Thanks in advance
(2014-07-09, 19:50)spoyser Wrote: Yes it can be done, you need something along the lines of:

Code:
path = 'C:/Documents and Settings/SeanP/Application Data/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Test'
cmd = 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(path)
xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)

Where do I write these lines?
I use WIP skin Eminence and it allows me to create a "shortcut" to one line of code, but not several lines. Can i create a script for it or something?
(2014-07-14, 14:07)Krantzet Wrote:
(2014-07-09, 19:50)spoyser Wrote: Yes it can be done, you need something along the lines of:

Code:
path = 'C:/Documents and Settings/SeanP/Application Data/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/Test'
cmd = 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(path)
xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)

Where do I write these lines?
I use WIP skin Eminence and it allows me to create a "shortcut" to one line of code, but not several lines. Can i create a script for it or something?

One line would be

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=C%3A%2FDocuments+and+Settings%2FSeanP%2FApplication+Data%2FXBMC%2Fuserdata%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper+Favourites%2FTest")
(2014-07-13, 17:04)Tony_g Wrote: I guess the answer to one question, may well answer the other.
1) Can I backup all my setting, folders etc. So I can move to another setup, or just in case of disaster. If so where is the location of the files ?
2) Instead of making folders and their contents using XBMC directly, can I make the scripts etc on a computer and the upload them to XMBC
Thanks in advance

Yes the files and folders are stored in

Code:
\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites

The search folder is a special folder, the favourites file in there is used to populate iSearch

One problem at the moment is that icons are stored with absolute paths, so do not transfer nicely but I will be fixing that. For now you can manually fix them by replacing the path to XBMC with the special syntax, eg

Code:
thumb="C:\Documents and Settings\SeanP\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\icon.png"

can be changed to

Code:
thumb="special://home\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\icon.png"

The files can actually be created in any text editor, if you open one you will see the format, in fact they are exactly the same as the standard XBMC favourite file.
Quote:One line would be

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=400&path=C%3A%2FDocuments+and+Settings%2FSeanP%2FApplication+Data%2FXBMC%2Fuserdata%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper+Favourites%2FTest")

Works like a charm!
Thanks a LOT.
Thanks spoyser
Very helpful, I wanted to create a lot of favourites in different folders, so easier to do in a text editor.
All this work is voluntary, so not asking for a time scale . Just as words of appreciation. Find this plugin, really useful and look forward to the Fanart, when available.
(2014-07-08, 07:02)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 02:11)Keebler Wrote: with the latest "update" now it wont open at all. crashes on start

SF: 1.10

Will need a log
On a fresh install I've noticed it comes up with script fail at xbmc boot and then script fail when entering super favourites.

the log shows script fail upon boot and then I tried to enter super favourites and another script fail. the error message goes away when I check "enable context overide" and then its no problems. I also noticed if I uncheck the overide context menu after this point it doesnt show up with script fail anymore...
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=248979

thanks Spoyser
(2014-07-18, 14:17)MediaPi Wrote: On a fresh install I've noticed it comes up with script fail at xbmc boot and then script fail when entering super favourites.

the log shows script fail upon boot and then I tried to enter super favourites and another script fail. the error message goes away when I check "enable context overide" and then its no problems. I also noticed if I uncheck the overide context menu after this point it doesnt show up with script fail anymore...
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=248979

thanks Spoyser

Cheers for the heads up, appears to be due to a difference in thw way Linux and Windows deal with opening a file that doesn't currently exist.Will fix in next release.
I am having an issue with favorites all together. Say I'm in 1channel and I find a movie to add to favorites and I select add to favorites; it adds the movie to 1channel favorites. I can't figure out how to get it to the main menu favorites? I figured out how to get 1channel to the main menu favorites, but that defeats the purpose because I don't need all my add-on put into favorites. I'm looking for a place to store all my favorite streams/movies/music, so I don't have to go looking for them in each add-on. Now I'm aware of this "super favorites", which I've added on, but in order for me to add anything to it, it has to be in the main XBMC favorites, but it will only allow me to add add-ons to the main XBMC favorites like 1channel, not individual streams and such; which again defeats the purpose because if I could put it in that list of main XBMC favorites than I wouldn't need the super favorites. Does anyone understand what I'm saying, or had this issue? I'm using XBMC on OUYA with and Amazon FireTV Box. Please Help!
(2014-07-25, 04:47)heatherlpike Wrote: I am having an issue with favorites all together. Say I'm in 1channel and I find a movie to add to favorites and I select add to favorites; it adds the movie to 1channel favorites. I can't figure out how to get it to the main menu favorites? I figured out how to get 1channel to the main menu favorites, but that defeats the purpose because I don't need all my add-on put into favorites. I'm looking for a place to store all my favorite streams/movies/music, so I don't have to go looking for them in each add-on. Now I'm aware of this "super favorites", which I've added on, but in order for me to add anything to it, it has to be in the main XBMC favorites, but it will only allow me to add add-ons to the main XBMC favorites like 1channel, not individual streams and such; which again defeats the purpose because if I could put it in that list of main XBMC favorites than I wouldn't need the super favorites. Does anyone understand what I'm saying, or had this issue? I'm using XBMC on OUYA with and Amazon FireTV Box. Please Help!

In SF settings enable menu override, this will then allow you to add directly to SF without going via XBMC favourites. This will allow you to add anything to SF.
Ok, I'll try that. Thank You Much!
How do I get to the SF settings? When I open SF it gives a list- Super Search, Create New Folder, and Explore XBMC Faves. Am I supposed to go to the Add-On settings?
I found the over ride button and enabled it. Its still adding movies to the favorites within the add-on. I'm not sure what I'm not getting here? As soon as I select Explore Favorites in SF; it brings me to the favorites section on the main menu, Which only allows me to add the Add-ons like 1channel. I can't individually add any movie to the main menu Faves. So I'm not able to add individual movies to SF, just Add-ons.
(2014-07-26, 19:55)heatherlpike Wrote: I found the over ride button and enabled it. Its still adding movies to the favorites within the add-on. I'm not sure what I'm not getting here? As soon as I select Explore Favorites in SF; it brings me to the favorites section on the main menu, Which only allows me to add the Add-ons like 1channel. I can't individually add any movie to the main menu Faves. So I'm not able to add individual movies to SF, just Add-ons.

Whilst in the relevant addon find the movie you are interested in then bring up the menu and select Add To SF
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6