• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2014-08-21, 16:57)Donkeyoatay Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 11:56)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 10:42)Donkeyoatay Wrote: Thanks again. I confirm that I can add a sub folder to a folder but when created I can not add any of the contents of the folder to it. When I select an item and then move, from the menu that appears I select Super folder and then the new sub folder is not available for selection. It is visible but can not be selected which means that I can not move anything to it!

Not really sure what you mean by

"It is visible but can not be selected"

If you can see it then you should be able to select it, what happens when you click it?

Nothing. It is not live!

I sincerely thank you for all the time you have spent on this but I also have wasted many hours playing around with it. I have decided to admit defeat and call it a day. Many thanks.
I am sure the problem is on your side, I have the idea that you don't understand the concept. No problem here, I have been making use of superfavourites for months, no problem at all.
I also use Super Favourites daily. It really is a great addon However, my problem is, having made a sub folder in a folder, how do I then add items from the folder to the new sub folder. If I select move, the item disappears. If I select copy I have no option to copy it to.

If you can explain that to me I would really appreciate it!
(2014-08-22, 12:02)Donkeyoatay Wrote: I also use Super Favourites daily. It really is a great addon However, my problem is, having made a sub folder in a folder, how do I then add items from the folder to the new sub folder. If I select move, the item disappears. If I select copy I have no option to copy it to.

So you are in a folder and you have created a subfolder in that folder.

You then want to move items from that folder into the subfolder, is that right?

If so, right-click the item (or however you open the context menu on your setup) and select Edit Super Favourite, then select Move (or Copy) favourite.

You will then be presented with a folder browse dialog, you should see

cache
Search
Super Favourites

From here click the Super Favourites folder, you will then see a list of folders that represent your Super Folders, navigate into the folder where you want to move or copy the item and then finally click OK.

Obviously if you move it, it will disappear from the original folder.
Not able to view main listing page to change favorites. Only displays settings for configuring the add-on.

Gbox MX2 v12.2 XBMC
(2014-08-22, 17:43)dlman1999 Wrote: Not able to view main listing page to change favorites. Only displays settings for configuring the add-on.

Gbox MX2 v12.2 XBMC

Just click on SF from the Video, Music or Programs menu.
(2014-08-22, 12:15)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 12:02)Donkeyoatay Wrote: I also use Super Favourites daily. It really is a great addon However, my problem is, having made a sub folder in a folder, how do I then add items from the folder to the new sub folder. If I select move, the item disappears. If I select copy I have no option to copy it to.

So you are in a folder and you have created a subfolder in that folder.

You then want to move items from that folder into the subfolder, is that right?

If so, right-click the item (or however you open the context menu on your setup) and select Edit Super Favourite, then select Move (or Copy) favourite.

You will then be presented with a folder browse dialog, you should see

cache
Search
Super Favourites

From here click the Super Favourites folder, you will then see a list of folders that represent your Super Folders, navigate into the folder where you want to move or copy the item and then finally click OK.

Obviously if you move it, it will disappear from the original folder.

Thank you so much Spoyser for your patience. You will be pleased to know that I have at long last managed to achieve what I wanted. The problem that I had was that I was not navigating deep enough to the folder I wanted to move the item to.

I am really pleased thanks to you.
Hey your addon looks so spectacular! but i can't run it in my xbmc4xbox that its very similar to another xbmc but don't starts and i think is the only addon in these genere and i really nead it to put different channels of different plugins in per example one sports menu or live tv Tongue
(2014-05-10, 10:28)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 09:27)psike Wrote: Bug:
Enable override context menu, then disable super favorites addon.
XBMC will completely lose it's context menu, even after restart it's still gone.
Only way to fix it is by enabling the addon again then disabling the override.

Well spotted and thanks for letting me know about it.

I have sorted out a fix for it but since it isn't a show stopper I will wait to put it out in the next release.

Why would anyone want to disable Super Favourites anyway LOL
Has this been fixed yet?
(2014-08-27, 02:33)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 10:28)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 09:27)psike Wrote: Bug:
Enable override context menu, then disable super favorites addon.
XBMC will completely lose it's context menu, even after restart it's still gone.
Only way to fix it is by enabling the addon again then disabling the override.

Well spotted and thanks for letting me know about it.

I have sorted out a fix for it but since it isn't a show stopper I will wait to put it out in the next release.

Why would anyone want to disable Super Favourites anyway LOL
Has this been fixed yet?

Was fixed months ago Smile
Hi Spoyser,

Could You please add a feature to have the Location For Super favourites Folder On a remote location.

ThanksNod
(2014-08-29, 15:53)myfototv Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

Could You please add a feature to have the Location For Super favourites Folder On a remote location.

ThanksNod

Have you looked in the settings, there is a Location of Super Favourites folder

Can you try that and see if that works for you?
yep i have tried, I get as far up as the .xbmc folder and it doesnt let me go up to the sources level

ie.

addon_data
database
key maps
library
peripheral data
profiles
thumbnails

I cant go up the list any further as the ".." isn't there past this level

thanks for replying
(2014-08-29, 16:34)myfototv Wrote: yep i have tried, I get as far up as the .xbmc folder and it doesnt let me go up to the sources level

ie.

addon_data
database
key maps
library
peripheral data
profiles
thumbnails

I cant go up the list any further as the ".." isn't there past this level

thanks for replying

Have you got show hidden folders?

I assume you have added the location as a source in xbmc?
i did try changing the settings.xml from "special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/"

to

"http://mypage.com/folder/"

but no joy
(2014-08-29, 16:36)myfototv Wrote: i did try changing the settings.xml from "special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/"

to

"http://mypage.com/folder/"

but no joy

How would it write to that location?

It has to be a folder on your network.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6