• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
THIS SEEMS TO BE FIXED !!!!! IGNORE EVERYTHING BELOW FOR NOW. SORRY!
I have everything working......but I see the updated version in your repo has a new feature, which makes sense but actually throws me a big hurdle.

"Super Favorites 1.0.18 is not auto populating addons that are not installed "

I LEFT REFERENCE TO ORIGINAL QUESTION BELOW

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Sports&folder=Sports" )
the above allows me to pull up a folder in the root of SF, but I also have subfolders within main folders

so I have NOT tested yet, as I have been busy most afternoon. but would the following work to access a sub category
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=MLB&folder=Sports/MLB")

Will try out and update post tomorrow
UPDATE: THIS WORKS AS MENTIONED BELOW
@watermouf

As I'm sure you have discovered sub folders can be linked to using /

Eg

folder=apps/sports/etc

With regards addons, it now checks if addons are installed and if not the link isn't shown. This was done to simplify sharing of configs.

But I see what you mean about installing of them, so a toggle is definitely a good idea, watch this space.
A quick fix for now with regards showing unavailable addons.

In favourite.py find the isValid method and replace it with this:

Code:
def isValid(cmd):
    if len(cmd) > 0:
        return True
    return False
Hi spoyser.
I've been flat out this week. I did have a quick look at the new remote location feature very quickly yesterday. I managed to export and then import from a local location. I then saved and uploaded the exported file to my domain and tried to import it with no success. But I will have a look this week with detailed documentation for you.

Regards

Simon
Spoyser you are the man! Sorry about the use of space, I haven't been on a forum in over a decade. Signed up here just to get in touch with you. Was pretty delirious last night, the new feature kind of threw me in haywire, at first thought it was my code, then I forgot I added ur repo so it kept auto updating after a manual downgrade. Thank you for the quick patch tho. The new iSearch feature is awesome by the way! Would like to help in any way possible also.

Also just reading myfototv's posting, I am also super interested in a remote location, any documentation would be appreciated. Thanks again
UPDATE: I have found the documentation on page 15. I will also beta test
I have not tried your patch yet for the smart populate issue, but I can confirm that 1.0.18.1 DOES IMPORT my zip file remotely from my google drive folder succesfully!

It would be nice for it to auto import on time period/on boot, as I am sure me and myfototv arent the only ones who have silly family members thats just destroy settings.
My other big step is to lock the settings down completely from the GUI, and have a few select super fav pull up select basic settings. But maybe some kind of password lock feature to keep list locked.

the reason I even jumped on this forum was I tried to add a remote location under:
<setting id="FOLDER" value="http://myapacheserver.com/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/">
with no success.
I know when I add "Custom Sources", I can browse files/dir in a tree type structure within XBMC.
I assumed that pulling a file from : "http://myapacheserveraddon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/favourites.xml"
would not be much different than : "special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/Super Favourites/favourites.xml".
If this was possible, lists wouldn't need to locked as they would be read-only. My next thought was to try to set the xml as read-only, and see if superfav allows editing the xml with the read-only attrib, but different platforms handle read-only differently in my experinces.
Ok,

I have now been able to successfully import my super favorites from my domain.

Full documentation coming soon.

Spoyser once the remote location has been set etc, any chance if the "Import Super Favourites" to appear in the main listing as per discussed before.
So on the ----- Display Settings---- Tab

Show New Super Folder item
Show Kodi Favorites Item
Show Seperator
Show Import Favorites<-------------

many Thanks.

Simon
Hello all, I posted this on another forum but I'll try here as well:

... loving the addon it really makes my xbmc experience more complete. Just wanted to share two issues that I'm having with super favorites and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced these issues:

1. I'm unable to play USTVnow streams from within super favorites. If I add any USTVnow stream directly into a super favorites folder it will not play. If however I add the "live" folder from the USTVnow addon to super favorites and then select a stream from there it plays just fine. This is not a major issue it's essentially just one more click that I wish I could fix.

2. For some streams that come from certain addons that will not be mentioned, the stream usually does not open or sometimes it plays for a second and quits. I can fix this by selecting the "change playback mode" option and then the stream plays just fine. The problem is that during playback of that stream, if I press back or try to stop the stream it automatically starts buffering again and the stream opens again. In other words, I'm unable to stop the stream because it just keeps playing back again and again. The only way to go back is to stop the stream and then hammer on the back button and then usually I can get back to the main xbmc menu. Again, not a huge issue but quite inconvenient.

If anyone has any idea how to fix these issues or if you have a similar experience please let me know, thanks!
(2014-09-16, 14:51)sqrtlsqd7 Wrote: Hello all, I posted this on another forum but I'll try here as well:

... loving the addon it really makes my xbmc experience more complete. Just wanted to share two issues that I'm having with super favorites and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced these issues:

1. I'm unable to play USTVnow streams from within super favorites. If I add any USTVnow stream directly into a super favorites folder it will not play. If however I add the "live" folder from the USTVnow addon to super favorites and then select a stream from there it plays just fine. This is not a major issue it's essentially just one more click that I wish I could fix.

2. For some streams that come from certain addons that will not be mentioned, the stream usually does not open or sometimes it plays for a second and quits. I can fix this by selecting the "change playback mode" option and then the stream plays just fine. The problem is that during playback of that stream, if I press back or try to stop the stream it automatically starts buffering again and the stream opens again. In other words, I'm unable to stop the stream because it just keeps playing back again and again. The only way to go back is to stop the stream and then hammer on the back button and then usually I can get back to the main xbmc menu. Again, not a huge issue but quite inconvenient.

If anyone has any idea how to fix these issues or if you have a similar experience please let me know, thanks!

I've replied on the other thread
USTVnow has a funny way of linking back to each channel because the channel name changes with each show, its not just "ABC", but
"ABC - Good Morning America" or (CHANNEL - SHOW CURRENTLY RUNNING) . The hard link for a fav or SF looks like this

rtmp://lv5.ustvnow.com:1935/dvrtest?key=USERNAM49854949EE0ED62DFD551A57EC842233F3A/mp4:F6E35XRTMUSTVNOW3

the add-on is able to scrape for the new channel names and list it for you, but the problem i suspect is the hard link or the RTMP feed changes everytime the show changes. I can confirm I am able to create a SF for a USTVNOW channel. Also if you change ursenames the link will also break, as ur username is encoded in the hardlink to the stream.

For your second question I suspect your using an addon with "auto-play" enabled, this will cause it to try the next source until it plays, or if u stop it within first few seconds it will continue to next source assuming u didnt like the quality of the prior. Check that particular add-ons settings, I have never had such issue but I also do not use auto-play as I find it highly unreliable.
first thank you for your efforts then i wish if i can export my super favourites into an HTML file so that i can import it in my xbmc after replacing my windows in future in order to keep my items.please help me.... thanks again
(2014-09-17, 00:03)realslave Wrote: first thank you for your efforts then i wish if i can export my super favourites into an HTML file so that i can import it in my xbmc after replacing my windows in future in order to keep my items.please help me.... thanks again

In version 1.0.20 available in my repo you can import/export to a zip file which will achieve the same thing.
thank you for your care . please how can i get version 1.0.20
(2014-09-17, 13:33)realslave Wrote: thank you for your care . please how can i get version 1.0.20

It is in my repo here:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

Or directly here:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...1.0.20.zip
thank you very much.i have downloaded both then installed the repo. it is really splendid.i wish always to become connected you. i like get valuable and funny materials , addons and so on.thank you again with my best wishes
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6