How to configure multiple devices.
Can somebody please direct me to a thread where I find information about hooking XBMC up to a TV + Projector? In my previous install I had an option to pick which output I wanted to use, and the resolution on both could be set (differently). Now I have output to both TV and Projector, but the picture on the TV is set really small, while it looks OK on the projector.. How do I bring the old setup back? Im running the Beta of Xbmcbuntu 13.
XBMC never had the ability to set two different outputs at two different resolutions. Maybe you were previously using something on the OS level, but it wasn't an option in XBMC.
It does now have the option to switch between 2 different output (XBMC 14 Alpha), you can find the setting as "Monitor" under video settings.. Obviously the actual outputs are controlled by Ubuntu, but it makes switching between the 2 outputs much easier.. You can also set resolutions independently.
But not at the same time, right? or have I misunderstood you?
Well, it is and it isnt.. Smile When i originally posted the post I had output on both devices, but the resolution wasnt correct on the TV.. However since upgrading to the Master build (XBMC 14 Alpha 1) I now have a setting in XBMC which enabled me to switch the 2 outputs on, and crucially enable me to set the required resolution individually, from within XBMC.. But like I said, the issue has now been resolved and based on what I have seen I would say its a feature in the upcoming XBMC (14), and not in 13.. (I have never seen that option when using the Beta Repo for XBMC (13)).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure multiple devices.0