Gotham Beta splitting up music albums
Music 
Hey all, some music albums with different editions that i've hacked together or that have bonus tracks i've added on later are now being split up by xbmc when they weren't before gotham. I've went through great lengths to make sure all the tags and artwork are the same between the files yet still they seem to be getting split up somehow. What's changed? How can i resolve this?
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
It would help to give some examples and maybe a debug log when the library is scanned. And don't bother with less than beta 4, as too many changes from earlier betas. Note that Gotham now can use MusicBrainz album and artist IDs to guide scraping and that impacts how the library works.

scott s.
I was having the same problem so i went back to frodo. Wmc and frodo see it all fine, gotham randomly splits songs onto two, sometimes even three "albums"
It's guaranteed to be because of the tags. In particular, if MBID's are present and inconsistent across tracks on the same album.

Post a couple of tracks that should be on the same album and aren't, and someone will no doubt show you what the problem with those tracks is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it's definitely not the tags, but it probably is the MBID's, as i use picard to tag my albums initially and then use tag & rename after to tweak things... thanks!
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Yup, so that'll be exactly the problem: The songs will have inconsistent MBIDs in the tags.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi guys, i have been struggling with this for a while now. Can someone please suggest how to either edit these MBIDs or exclude this feature altogether?
Since i upgraded, i had my albums split and since then every option i try keeps them split.

Any advice on how to tackle this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Use MP3Tag, load files and select all, and hit Alt-T. Then you can delete MBID tags if you desire.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta splitting up music albums0