A way to change the safe res when Pc is turned on when TV is off?
Hi guys, I'm sure there is some software for this but I can't remember associated words so I can search here for it. When I turn the PC on with the TV off with my LG, and XBMC loads as it does. Turning on the TV will them result in the resolution being at 1024x768. I set up an eventghost button to close and open xbmc, but would rather a better fix.

Something to do with the handshake or something? not sure if the software exists that either changes the safe res, or some how fools the PC into thinking the TV is on and so the res is 1080p when it is turned on?

Thanks guys.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I think you are looking to setup a custom EDID for your display. Basically fool the PC into thinking it only do one resolution.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
If you use something like LogMeIn you can connect remotely to your PC and then set the default VGA resolution to what you want (probably 1920x1080 or 1268x720). Then your machine will use that resolution when the tv is off.
Try Gefen HDMI Detective, think there are others, but can't remember their names at the moment.
Motivate a Windows dev to fix the XBMC code by making it listen to hot plug events for monitors.
Motivating windows devs is like trying to wake Rip Van Winkle. HDMI detective is over £100 so that is out. Is there no bit of software out there?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A way to change the safe res when Pc is turned on when TV is off?0