Matricom mx2 and HausBell H7
I've been using XBMC on the Matricom mx2 for a while now, just got the HausBell H7 remote keyboard and controller. Out-of-the-box, the 'special keys' (home, search, etc) do some crazy things, nothing that made any sense to me.

I also have XBMC on a Linux box, so I first hooked the H7 up there, and created a keyboard.xml file to straighten it all out. Worked great, and was really a joy to use. Finally I have what I want on the tips of my fingers.

So I copied the keyboard.xml file over to my Matricom, in the proper place, expecting to bring the joy. None of the special keys work as expected.

Through some (arduous) debugging, I find that it is picking up my keyboard.xml file just fine. But the key presses aren't coming through as expected; most of the special keys aren't coming through at all. To test this, I set up logging, waited for the clock to change to a new minute, and then pressed the "play" special key, on the top left beside the touchpad, then did nothing else for that minute. When I checked the log, there was no action reported during that minute, though as expected, I can see all the 'non-special' key presses (up/down etc) both before and after.

Because some of the keys do perform some function, it gets pretty messy if I try to test more keys, but it is apparent that none of them are getting the mapping that I set up on my Linux box.

Any idea what I can do about this? Are the key mappings different for Android? And what about the ones that don't come through at all? Is there some piece of Android or Matricom that is dropping the ball?
Never found a solution to this, gave up.

I think it's a problem with the MX2 or its Android subsystem. It's mishandling the special keys; when I look at them from XBMC, either the keypresses don't work at all, or they all come through with the same number. It really makes controlling the MX2 a chore.

If anybody knows how the keypresses from the remote get through Android and to XBMC, talk to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matricom mx2 and HausBell H70