How to launch an external player in XBMC for an ISO
I know how to launch an external player in XBMC for normal movie (mkv, etc) files using playercorefactory.xml

What I can't figure out is how to do the same for ISO files. I have 200 blu ray ISOs and want to launch an external player for them so I can have better menu access.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is there a Mac blu ray player that will read ISOs fine that will allow me to just skip the mounting process altogether?

Or do I need to modify the playercorefactory.xml with code that mounts the ISO, and then run a blu ray player?

All help is GREATLY appreciated. I know this is a fairly complex question. Thanks guys,
Parker
Consult http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724 & http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173474
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I did, but that appears to be for windows. I'm on a mac.

Or is there a mac instruction set located somewhere in the 145 page thread? (I tried searching for mac within the thread but the string is too short...)

Thanks!
Parker
Consult the 2nd link as well ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Little confused on how the second link has much to do with my issue, since it is mostly about MKV files and unix.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Parker
Given the complex and specific nature of this, I'd be willing to pay a couple hundred bucks to anyone who's willing to help me get this working.

If anyone is interested in talking about my offer further please PM me.

If this is against forum rules please delete this post. I checked the rules and didn't see anything against it.

Thanks,
Parker
Beanboy,

All you need is on the forum, and on the 2nd thread I linked to you. I can play play ISOs and Disc in XBMC for OS X and I will guide you through the process if you can follow the steps in order. So, let's get first things first:

1) Are you currently able to play a physical Blu-ray disc from within XBMC or by launching an external application?
Best,

capfuturo

I don't have a physical disk player for my Mac mini. ISO blu rays play fine within XBMC tho. Which external blu ray player do you recommend? It's fine if I have to buy it, I just want the best player. The couple I've tried so far were garbage when compared to PowerDVD for windows.

Parker
I have an LG Super Multi Blue that has been working fast and pretty well so far for a couple of years, for the purpose of playing physical BD. Now I do have many BD ISOs which basically are arranged in two ways:

1) BD ISOs in a drive location (HDD, smb share, etc) that has been scanned as a source into the movie library. Therefore I can see the movies in my library, browse them and play them whenever I want with access to Menus.

2) BD ISOs in a drive location that has been added as a source (but not scanned into the library), so I can basically browse the ISO files from the file system of XBMC and then play them. XBMC shows me the possibility to access the menus or simply go straight into the main feature.

All this works exceptionally well. So if you can play your BD ISOs within XBMC, just as I do, what is what you are looking for beyond this? Just launching an external BD player for the sake of it? If so, more than going through the process of configuring XBMC to launch an external player, it is about being aware that software that independently plays BD in OS X is limited to what I am sure you have tried already: iDeer, Mac Macgo, Aurora. Having said so, XBMC internal player using the new Makemkv capabilities to emulate ibaacs/libbdplus libraries is really a high quality solution to BD playback in OS X, with smooth crystal-clear playback even in low-end systems. Do you have this implemented in your system? If not, let me know an I guide you through it. If you do and still want to set up XBMC to launch the BD external players mentioned, then we can go through that too, although I personally think is unnecessary work, giving the current state of things.
Best,

capfuturo

I watch a LOT of concerts, and like to jump around between songs. On both my PC and mac, xbmc won't load the menu on the disc after it starts playing. It'll load the menu before the disc starts playing, but it won't let you 'interrupt' with a menu once it has begun playing. So I'm unable to play a song, hit menu, then jump to another song, etc

Parker
Mine does, I just have to select the disc icon at the lower right corner. I can call the menu anytime and jump between songs, specially concerts where this is really useful (unless there has been a bad rip or that sort of thing). Do you have the makemkv libmmbd library implemented? I can even play protected BD.
Best,

capfuturo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to launch an external player in XBMC for an ISO0