DTS-HD
Hi. I'm trying to play some films with dts-hd sound in my pc, and i can't hear anything. My pc is connected to a home theater with spdif wire, and i'm using xbmc 12.1(Frodo). is it posible to play these audio tracks with frodo? i have also tried to play it with external programs like vlc media player, neither can i. Thank you for your help. Regards.
SPDIF does not carry HD audio.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oooh! thank you for the answer. But can i convert this dts-hd into dts with any program before playing or that is imposible too?
In xbmc unclick the option for dts-hd and xbmc will extract the core dts track.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
but in xbmc i can't select dts-hd option. When i play a video with this audio format, i can see it but i hear nothing. Regards.
debug log (wiki)
thank you for the information. I'll read and i'll try to learn more. Thank you again.
nickr's suggestion is to go to System/Settings/Audio and uncheck the dts-hd option PRIOR to playing a video, not while attempting to play one - see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/System
(2014-04-20, 00:13)niker Wrote: My pc is connected to a home theater with spdif wire, and i'm using xbmc 12.1(Frodo). is it posible to play these audio tracks with frodo?
I notice you still use older Frodo 12.1. Why not using the latest Frodo 12.3 or Gotham 13.0? Your configuration should look very similar to the screen shot below-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Sidenote: S/PDIF does (AFAIK) not support more than AC3/DTS 6 channels (5.1). While the technology could support higher bandwidths, the implementations to protocol do not. There are some off-spec equipment out there - but these are mostly custom design, and very poorly supported.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD0