Best alternative to Apple TV 2?
Been running xbmc for a few years now on the old atv2 streaming over the home network from my server (mixture of avi, mp4 and mkv).

Noticed they were still going for a premium, so i thought i would look to upgrade and save some money in the meantime. I have done a few searches and haven't come up with anything definitive and recent.

What is currently the best alternative to the atv2 for under £100 ($160) available in the UK? (or very shortly to be)

Xbmc is all i need it for, ideally with a remote or at least an ir reciever.
The Fire TV is making a lot of progress (see Fire TV thread), but no release date for the UK yet.

Depending on what files you are playing in XBMC, you may be able to get away with a raspberry pi.
(2014-04-20, 03:11)katsup Wrote: The Fire TV is making a lot of progress (see Fire TV thread), but no release date for the UK yet.

Depending on what files you are playing in XBMC, you may be able to get away with a raspberry pi.

generally im pushing 720 or 1080 files really, i have the original Rpi with 256 of mem and that isnt really up to the job (or wasn't.. last time i tried) im looking for a definitie onebox solution really.
£100 or less?

Raspberry pi or Ouya or see what Amazon fire prices are when it lands here. Or get one over here sooner.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best alternative to Apple TV 2?0