Newbie Help needed
Sorry guys, probably me doing something absolutely stupid. I can't get PVR add-ons to show up on my install of Ubuntu 14.04. I have tvheadend installed, no issues I can see my card and get the channels etc.

I installed XBMC from the stable repository but something seems a miss, firstly the wallpaper says xbmc from debian bit strange because im using ubuntu, On system info it states xbmc 12.3 debian package version 2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu. I've tried removing an adding repositories but it stay the same. When I try enable pvr addon, none are available.

I've tried installing gotham but if I hit enable on live tv it crashes.

I'm probably doing something stupid, any help would be great.
Install at least one pvr addon. They are available via software center. Remember: this Version has no team support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Look at Team XBMC PPA (wiki) Follow and remove any ppas you have currently provinding xbmc, do apt-get purge xbmc and add, the unstable ppa as the page describes.
Sorry little bit confused. I just want standard Frodo how have I ended up with a Debian version.

And when you say I can add a PVR via software centre, do you mean Ubuntu software centre? Last time u used Ubuntu 13 xbmc included PVR add one it was just a case of hitting enable.
Any help would be great I just want frodo with PVR but I'm at a loss here
You cant get official Frodo in Ubuntu 14.04 end of story and what you get is unsupported.
So either compile Frdo from source
or grab the deb files manually from official builds and use dpkg to install and risc it not working anyway because the debs weren't built for Trusty anyhow.
Or Install The previous LTS 12.04 and add the ppas like shown on link I posted.
Ah OK fair enough, back to square one. Compiling myself etc would be a bit outside my knowledge, thanks

Thanks for all the help
Well I can point you to various how-to compile XBMC in Ubuntu but nothing you cant do yourself by reading/searching on the XBMC wiki, or by looking at my signature. All you need to know is how to read and copy and paste and have some minimal common sense.
Any help would be great, if I remove xbmc and the repository and then try build my own?
Could be yes, see HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Linux (wiki) or the 3rd link on my signature and change the master git for the frodo branch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Help needed0