Clean library dry run
You could use profiles (wiki) to make a duplicate library of the main (original) profile/user. Then you can compare the two libraries. Just make sure to select the option to copy the database from master profile, rather than share database with master profile.
What about export library -> clean library and see changes -> import library? Or did I miss simething?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Is there a "clean library and see changes" command, or do you just mean "clean library" then see what changes? How would I do that? Is it logged somewhere?
You should see any changes in the xbmc log, but what I suggested was to first export your library "to single file". Then, run a normal "clean library" session. Make note of the changes that is discovered. After that, you import the library you exported before "clean library".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
The log helps. I didn't realize it would do that. With logging either of the techniques you two have mentioned sounds pretty similar and reasonable (without logging they didn't really sound any better than comparing the library against the filesystem).
Both options pretty much do the same, with the former you just take the extra profile out of the equation, along with any (low-level) risk of making library cleaning changes permanent without "backup" - in case you got accidentally got the "use same library" / "clone library" wrong.

Manually comparing libary to filesystem would be a tedious task. If you do the "clean library", XBMC will throw a pop-up for each missing library entry. This method can be useful if you just have a few "missing" videos. If the ammount is beyond "a few", then I agree - referring to the log afterwards for a "listing" would probably be a much better option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean library dry run0