Cheap, low power XBMC machine capable of 1080p, audio pass through, HDMI, etc.
Hi guys,
A bit of background info on my situation...

I recently sold my a6-3500 mini itx PC as I wanted something low power which could stay turned on 24/7 or at least boot extremely quickly. I also fancied something with some indie gaming potential. So naturally I started looking into buying a NUC.

I then acquired a decent i5 PC for free from work, so I thought great, get this listed on fleabay and BANG got the cash for a NUC and an external HDD to store my media.

Skip forward a couple of weeks and I've started building a gaming PC utilising the i5 CPU I was going to sell (I'm still rocking a 360 but wanted to get next gen, PC gaming seems a better long term investment).

So, instead of achieving my initial goal of a small, low power, instantly available media device, I've got a big ass, power hungry, monster of a gaming PC. At least it's indie gaming capable too though :S Lol

So, my quest to find a low power, compact device continues. So bearing in mind that I've got a gaming PC hooked up to my TV to do the fancy stuff, what would be my best option for a XBMC, 1080p, audio pass through capable, compact, low power device? Should I still be looking at NUCs? Or would they be a bit overkill?

Thanks in advance!
raspberry pi, basic celeron nuc, or amazon fire (assuming it realises its potential with xbmc)
Chromebox?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Go x86 so you won't have to deal with DTS eating up your CPU... Will save you a lot of frustration. Get any NUC or build your own Wink
Yeah the ftv, or any android box, is a toy compared to nuc or chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap, low power XBMC machine capable of 1080p, audio pass through, HDMI, etc.0