Multi-Image source for backgrounds, all the same picture!
Just wanted to first of all say thanks for this awesome skin. I'm completely new to XBMC so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I like how each menu item on the home page has its own image. I'm trying to set this up to use my own images. In the skin settings under backgrounds, I set all of the menu items to pick from a multi - image source, the folder with all of my background pictures. This works, except now all of the menu items select the same image from the folder. I.E. the Videos, Music, System etc. menu items all display the same background image. What image they display switches on some timer, but then they all display the same, newly selected image.

What I want to do is have each menu item pick its own random image from the folder I supplied. They wouldn't have to switch every X seconds, maybe each time XBMC comes out of screen saver it would select new random images for each menu item? Is this possible?
Just make more image folders.

Why not have 5 folders labeled 1,2,3,4,5 than in the settings>skin>background> home menu background for video assign it to folder one, Movies folder #2 etc... put various jpegs in each. Changing the timing of the image rotation is probably something in the home.xml file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Image source for backgrounds, all the same picture!0