Record shows from a XBMC add-on?
I signed up just to post this, I hope its in the right place. It's kind of urgent Smile

I'm working on setting up a XBMC "box" for my parents, they want to watch foreign TV shows and to do that they will have to use an add-on/app.
The add-on streams live video from the actual channels, so past episodes can't be watched. Currently, we use out tv reciever and pvr to record the shows so that they can be watched at a later date.

So, is it possible to record the shows that the add-on streams? Maybe have the add-on always on in the background and have another app recording certain channels from that app?

Thanks
Not per se, but if the streams are pure IPTV you can use a PVR backend that supports IPTV and use that to record them. If they're random streams found on the internet there will not be an easy solution.
It sounds like they are actual channels, if you get them on your TV you can buy some kind of capture card to interface that with your pvr back end. But its not simple.
If you post a URL to one of these streams it's easy to determine if it's real IPTV or not.
hi everyone, i am in the same position as megadarkwood, and i have the rtmp links for the channel i want to record, it's working good on a XML file to Xbmc livestreaming add-on. i just installed NextPvr to test but i am blocked on adding the channel.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Heb
Most backends only support real IPTV (which doesn't use RTMP). I don't think there's any easy way to record RTMP streams at the moment, no matter what software you use.
Yeah I went to the easy way !! Plugged my droid box to my real DVR and recording the show for my wife hahaha not what I am looking for but did the job :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record shows from a XBMC add-on?0