Bug File name movies (adapt query string)
Sad 
Hi

I believe something changed with the way that a string for the query is retrieved from the movie file name. I have a pattern for all my movies which was working fine until in some frodo change new movies stopped being recognized.

This is my naming pattern:

abre_los_ojos.[spa.1997.d_alejandro_amenábar].avi
arizona_dream.[eng.1992.d_emir_kusturica].avi

I did a test, removing all the stuff between the brackets except the year and it seemed to work better. Anyways I prefer to keep my files the way they are bcs as soon as I rename them all history on this file wihtin XBMC is lost (seen/not seen etc)..

Therefore, where can I change the code ( I assume it's a regular expression) which retrieves the query string from the file name??

Thanks for any help
Can you post a debug log (wiki)? Anything in the brackets should already be disregarded for scraping.
Hi,

So this is a bug somehow, because I'd think that also underscores and dashes should be replaced by whitespace characters.

here are two lines from the xbmc.log file:

Code:
21:12:02 T:139877001897728 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/yak/movies/p/priates_of_the_caribbean_-_dead_mans_chest.[eng.2006].avi', it won't be added to the library.
21:12:02 T:139877001897728 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/yak/movies/p/primal_fear.[eng.1998.d_gregory_hoblit].avi', it won't be added to the library.
Name it: "Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest (2006).avi" and also name it: "Primal Fear (1996).avi" and all will be fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Fritsch.

Thanks, I already had read that in the forum. But as pointed out in the first post, I'd like to avoid that. And also Ned said that the query should work even with my pattern. So I am looking for a solution with the filenames as they are.

Best
'/media/yak/movies/p/priates_of_the_caribbean_-_dead_mans_chest.[eng.2006].avi'

that has a clear typo in the name Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hehe, true enough..

/media/yak/movies/p/primal_fear.[eng.1998.d_gregory_hoblit].avi I got right tough I think.

And there are many many others that do not get read also. Removing language and director name works, but as said - I'd rather not change all my files.
Add custom regex. Xbmc does no black magic...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, yes I could not agree more! I don't like to quote myself, but here it goes:

Quote:Therefore, where can I change the code ( I assume it's a regular expression) which retrieves the query string from the file name??

Do you know by any chance where I can do the black magic myself thenHuh

Thanks.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...eanstrings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Coool, all I need I hope

Thank you very much! Smile Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File name movies (adapt query string)0