Best PVR with also a Web interface
Hey!

If I want to go the PVR / ATSC route with XBMC and I also want a nice web interface to liste to TV anywhere.. Mediaportal, MythTV?

What is the fastest and the easiest solution?
Easiest is WMC.
Fastest is probably TVHeadend (I assume you mean channel changing)
Any device that runs XBMC can act as a remote frontend for any of the common pvr backends.
If you want a specific web UI for a device not running XBMC, Mediabrowser has a good one integrated with WMC.
Thanks Mayoman.

I was refering to a web frontend that will let me watch live TV, a guide and let me schedule my recording on any device.
(2014-04-21, 18:32)freddyboy Wrote: Thanks Mayoman.

I was refering to a web frontend that will let me watch live TV, a guide and let me schedule my recording on any device.
Most backends have web interfaces that allow remote scheduling etc. but live TV is another matter....
I use webMediaportal which has a reasonable web EPG scheduler & download feature for recordings, but is not up to the job as a frontend for live TV.

Probably a Windows box with Mediabrowser3 server and WMC backend on it is your best bet.
Krustyreturns (& friends) have been very active over the past year developing the interface between Windows Media center and XBMC/Mediabrowser3.
For me zapping is extremely slow with tvheadend, it takes about 30 seconds. I don't know about other pvr addons.
(2014-04-22, 08:17)giaur Wrote: For me zapping is extremely slow with tvheadend, it takes about 30 seconds. I don't know about other pvr addons.

Sounds like you have a problem somewhere, my switches are near enough instant (no longer than a second).
mythtv
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-21, 22:15)mayoman Wrote: Probably a Windows box with Mediabrowser3 server and WMC backend on it is your best bet.
Krustyreturns (& friends) have been very active over the past year developing the interface between Windows Media center and XBMC/Mediabrowser3.

This is what I run and it's quite good IMO. This offers scheduling and viewing through a web interface (as well as through XBMC of course).
@awp0 and @mayoman : Why do you need MediaBrowser over WMC ?

What about EyeTV?
(2014-04-24, 01:12)freddyboy Wrote: @awp0 and @mayoman : Why do you need MediaBrowser over WMC ?
Mediabrowser can provide (amoung other things) the remote web interface you requested.

Quote:What about EyeTV?
Not integrated with XBMC to my knowledge - see this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best PVR with also a Web interface0