ATV Bootloader with lubuntu 14 beta
I was thrilled to find out that ubuntu 14 and xbmc 13 are coinciding as far as approximate release dates go and that it appears the xbmcbuntu beta was available. Then I was dissappointed to see it only in 64 bit as that ruled out any hope of running it on my ATV1 m like I so wanted to do and get away from the more irregular builds for ATV1

I then went ande fired up ATV bootloader and installed lubuntu onto it ,

Let me clarify that I typically use the "auto" mode on atvbootloader then create a boot/grub/menu.lst which I copied from a working install only modifying the file to the new uuids

first error is stating that could not create /usr/src/udhcpc "filesystem is read only"

I then manually created the folder

After manually creating that folder I still get a kexec error "invalid option" or "invalid parameter" do not recall exactly which

The odd thing is I tesrted with ubuntu 12 and it works as expected but ubuntu 14 seems to have some other quirk. I have installed ubuntu 14 three times now and can noit repeat the success I have with ubuntu 12

Any ideas?
Before you get too far with this, XBMC v14 and on will be dropping Broadcom Crystal HD support and you'll need either OpenELEC or Crystalbuntu to get it, or compile a special version. In other words, sticking with irregular builds is your best bet for XBMC/ATV1 support. Even now, for v13, I hear that the older linux kernel in Crystalbuntu has much better performance than newer kernels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Bootloader with lubuntu 14 beta0