Newbie - XBMC and Dixie - VERY slow
Hi. I am new to the G-box world and not terribly savvy on programming etc. My G-box has been running very well until I installed Dixie TV guide for Mashup yesterday. Now everything has grinded to a halt or very slow at best. Any ideas on what would cause this and what I can do to fix this? Looking forward to any assistance available.
dont think your gonna end up getting the answers you are looking for in this forum as mashup violates their piracy guidelines if you are hell bent on using it I suggest a quick google search.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
From what I read, Dixie TV Guide itself is a fork (I think?) from the TV Guide add-on. If so, then it wouldn't surprise me if it ran really slow on a g-box, with any add-on used in it. It just uses a lot more resources than a typical add-on. Not a ton, but enough to grind a g-box to a halt.
FYI Ned

TV Guide Dixie 2.0 is a major re-write of the addon so I would say it's no longer a fork of twinther's excellent addon.

And it goes like the clappers all the way down to R-Pi level devices.

Oh... and to Hudson... TV Guide Dixie is not part of Mash up, it just integrates with it if the user so desires... as it does with dozens of other video addons.

Just wanted to get some things straight.

Cheers

Rich

(2014-04-20, 22:41)TorontoBlue Wrote: Hi. I am new to the G-box world and not terribly savvy on programming etc. My G-box has been running very well until I installed Dixie TV guide for Mashup yesterday. Now everything has grinded to a halt or very slow at best. Any ideas on what would cause this and what I can do to fix this? Looking forward to any assistance available.

My best advice would be to upgrade to version 2.0 of the addon. It will be available from my repo in the next few days.

Cheers

Rich
@DixieDean

Ah, I stand corrected!

From what I've been reading, you've been kicking some major ass with TV Guide Dixie, and it really looks awesome :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - XBMC and Dixie - VERY slow0